The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Norcal GGLC Sunday Drive June 28th

It has been brought to my attention by a few members that we are due for another spirited drive and lunch.-poke- I want to put some feelers out. We're meeting at the Marina Green in SF again, chat, and then head north. Craig has some routes in minds. :shift: Confirmed June 28, based on the responses. We'll be meeting at 11 am, driving for a couple hours, then chowing down at EO Trading Co in Larkspur. For those that arrive at 10:30 am we will be meeting on IOS at the St. Francis Yacht club that is part of the marina green. We will have warm breakfast munchies served from 10:30 until we take off. I will post photos of the yacht shortly so everyone knows what it looks like. It will most likely be the biggest boat docked.

Update on the yacht:

so we are good with st. francis for sunday at 1030am. It will mostly be guest dock B or D

I've attached a list of the pre-fixe menu at E&O as this is a better option and more cost effective, $33/per person. I've attached the lunch menu. We are going with the Sumatra selection and banana dessert.

11AM at Marina Green Parking Lot (end of Fillmore St. @ 300 Marina Blvd.).
Depart at 11:30 Sharp! Please plan to arrive by 11 am.
Coastal drive, arriving at EO Trading Company in Larkspur for lunch @ 1:45 PM.
Map: Driving Directions from 300 Marina Blvd, San Francisco, CA to 2231 Larkspur Landing Cir, Larkspur, CA

For those who were with us for the last North Bay drive, the route is similiar, with the exception of the final leg through Samuel P. Taylor Park (along Sir Francis Drake Blvd).

Addresses:

Marina Green Parking Lot
300 Marina Blvd.
San Francisco

E&O Trading Company
EO Trading Co
2231 Larkspur Landing Circle
Larkspur, CA

Here is a list of attendees.

Yes -

ATX + 1 (lunch) - Elise
EliseSC + 1 (lunch) - 360
Terculees +1 (lunch) - Elise
Laurence D (lunch) - 360
Mr. Know (lunch) - Exige S
slvr05elise (no lunch) - Elise
doma + 1 (lunch) - Elise
Austin (lunch) - Superleggera
Vishal +1 (lunch) - R8
Jesper (lunch) - R8
Midnight17 (lunch) - Exige
Jeff L + 1 (lunch) - Elise
edaddy (no lunch) - Elise
Cappy + 1 (lunch) - Elise
dmason08 (lunch) - Espirit
Jamie L + 1 (lunch) - S5
John (lunch only) - Ferrari Dino

Maybe -

Jon + 1 - GTR
Franky Ferrari - 612 / Straddle
Kirby - Gallardo
John R - 997 S
loki + 1- Elise
Hachisu - Elise
Dead Duck + 1 (lunch)

Here is a map of where we are meeting. Parking will be in the marina green where I have the red line. We've parked there before with no problems. The yacht is a little walk around and is marked in red as well. It will be docked in that general area. You can see photos of it below.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
LOL- over the weekend did a scouting run for a meet and drive. Was going to start a thread, already picked a date, June 14.

It would be more of a southbay run. Up Mt Hamilton and backroads into Livermore. Since I am in the middle of "working" the club autocross season, don't mind putting it off...

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the spirit. :p

Guess I'll be seeing you Friday too, not sure about lunch, but I'll send you more details when I look at my calendar tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Sounds good, as long as it's not on Fathers Day June 21st.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
14th sounds good...you are more than welcome to experience the North Bay scene, Larry. :D

Marina, Hwy 1 and back to Guaymas works well...now that we have some bugs worked out...namely where to park for Guaymas...

If that's too expensive, we can find an alternate lunch spot...but it is REALLY good food!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Poo, don't make it the 14th as my Elise and I will be at the Rental Car Rally
Rental Car Rally!!
I'm decking the car out to look like the number 9 race car from Speed Racer, I will be dressed as Racer X and my co-driver will be Trixie :p

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
14th sounds good...you are more than welcome to experience the North Bay scene, Larry. :D

Marina, Hwy 1 and back to Guaymas works well...now that we have some bugs worked out...namely where to park for Guaymas...

If that's too expensive, we can find an alternate lunch spot...but it is REALLY good food!
How does the 28th work for ya'll?

Last time a few people left lunch too soon, as we were a couple hundred bucks short on lunch. I love the place and would love to go again, but don't want to run into the bill issue again. I can ask Mr. Sweeney for recommendations. He seems to know the spot and gets VIP treatment for his cars. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I'd be up for a drive/meet. July 4th is the only day I'm officially booked for track duty at Infineon.

Rob.

P.S. Wife may or may not come along -- she usually only enjoys the car when I have the top off.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
How does the 28th work for ya'll?

Last time a few people left lunch too soon, as we were a couple hundred bucks short on lunch. I love the place and would love to go again, but don't want to run into the bill issue again. I can ask Mr. Sweeney for recommendations. He seems to know the spot and gets VIP treatment for his cars. ;)
That's a whole month away!! :( Oh well, whatever the majority can do is fine for me.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Just to be clear - are we talking about two meet and drives?

South Bay on the 14th

and

North Bay on the 28th ?

In which case, count me in for both of them. :)

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm only planning Northbay on June 28th.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
June 28th is fine for me as well. I was going with the 14th since it sounded like LarryB was interesting in doing a drive that day, so I thought we could combine them.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Crazy thought.... Why not two runs on the same day and end at a neutral location?

GGLC has a BBQ planned in Danville on Sat 6/20. There was a run scheduled to start in the south bay to get to Danville. Why not have another start in the northbay and end in Danville as well?

Anyone?

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Date doesn't work for me. Being Father's day weekend doesn't seem to work for a few others. I'll start a new thread (and point to it from here), when I get a few details worked out / time.

EDIT- With the GGLC already planning a southbay drive on 6/20, will drop the 6/14 date. Will try to fit it in sometime in the fall.

So in short, back to this being a Northbay meet and drive...

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crazy thought.... Why not two runs on the same day and end at a neutral location?

GGLC has a BBQ planned in Danville on Sat 6/20. There was a run scheduled to start in the south bay to get to Danville. Why not have another start in the northbay and end in Danville as well?

Anyone?

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
Date doesn't work for me either. I can only do Sundays. I think for those who want to do drives in different locations on different dates, if you could please start separate threads to minimize confusion in this one, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sticking with a Northbay Drive on June 28, 2009.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
June 28th works for me! (Well, actually us, since it's my wife Gia's Exige) :)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts