• South East

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This maybe a bit premature but I was just wondering how many of us future Elise owners would like to have a national get together? I'm thinking in order to have a good turnout we need to do this no earlier than Spring/Summer '05, it may sound like a ways off but to pull something like this together we'd need alot of planning, so please give me some feedback.
Please vote for a location if you would participate in a National meet.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard of the one in Tahoe but not of the other one. I expected that there would be g2gs in the works for locals but how about one big mama jama:D
BTW...unless the above two mentioned will be annual meets, I think they are happening too soon, not enough of the owners will actually have a car in their posession.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Derek,
The LOG is an annual event for Lotus Ltd. This year it'll be in Bham it moves each year, generally in southeast/northeast/midwest. As the bulk of Lotus Ltd. members seem to be in those areas.

With the elise coming that'll change I suspect. Remains to be seen if an Elise chapter of Lotus Ltd is formed or a whole new club for the elise (as SELOC in UK is). Certainly would be enough cars to form a standalone club, but as some have said, it's a potential headache.

Lot of benefits to being a chapter of Lotus Ltd., ie use of event insurance, etc. Lotus ltd gains more members and is able to have more events (perhaps regional meets).

Additionally, I'm going to the Lotus Ltd Southeast meeting at Lotus USA on Sat. This is going to be an organizational meeting for LOG (LLSE is the host group for BHAM LOG). This is the same chapter that's hosted two Atlanta LOGS over the years.

I'd really like to see about us organizing an elisetalk get toghether at the LOG. Would be great to do something along the lines of the LA show meet but maybe a little more formally organized.

If anyone has some points they'd like me to bring up at the meeting let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Vegas sounds great, but CO (the state not the color) will give us a host of roads to experience.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Vegas would normally be great - but the Elise (Saffron, Base Model = $44,237.) will probably leave me a little "cash challenged". How about Seattle in July or August '05? We'll promise you sunshine (or rain) (or BOTH) and the drive up to/around Mt. Rainier is SPECTACULAR!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the Rocky Mountains are a great place to experience a car such as the Elise :D BUT...I don't think we could go wrong having it in Georgia (as long as it is not in the summer)
I guess what it boils down to is doing more research, Chris brought up alot of info I was unaware of.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Developing a national meet>>>

is a challenge but if done correctly and having dedicated organizers makes for a great time. I am one of the AudiTT East organizers (there are 5 of us) and would be glad to share experience and do's/don't... if you are interested here is the just release TT East 2004 website for our event in Cumberland Md
www.tt-east.com

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Developing a national meet>>>

michaelTT said:
is a challenge but if done correctly and having dedicated organizers makes for a great time. I am one of the AudiTT East organizers (there are 5 of us) and would be glad to share experience and do's/don't... if you are interested here is the just release TT East 2004 website for our event in Cumberland Md
www.tt-east.com
Thanks for the info...
I know what you mean about the work load, I've helped put on a a few car shows. Even at a regionall level it is a major undertaking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts