The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Date: Sun Sept 18 (weather pending.... so far sunny skies in Barrie area)

Name: Lake Loop
Distance/Duration: 331kms 5hrs 40mins

Areas: Lake Muskoka, Lakes of Bay
Terrain: Country roads, Twisty, Great scenery, small town Muskoka
Open to all Car Marquees ... Its all about the drive

Start Point: Barrie 9:45am-10:15am (leave 10:15am sharp)

Starbucks
19 Mapleview Dr W, Barrie, ON

Stop1: Muskoka Lake area (Gas/Restroom)
Stop2: Muskoka Lake area (Pics/Restroom)
Stop3: Huntsville (Quick bite/Food/Gas) approx 2pm
Stop4: Lakes of Bay area(Pics)

End Point: Barrie approx. 4:30pm

Pie
34 Commerce Park Drive, Barrie, ON
PIE - Wood Fired Pizza Joint, Now Open in Barrie, Ontario

The pre-drive showed me a section somewhat like Forks of Credit River ... but instead of 5km of windy up and downs and blind corners its goes on for 30km+. Wow is all I can say. Lots of blind uphill, sharp corners, its a roller coaster ride.
The rest is Great lake scenery and cottage country roads.
Then more windy roads ...

More details to follow this week.
Post here if your interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The admin stuff on morning of the drive:

- Detailed Google maps are provided including all turns
- Pre-emtive talk on safety and following all traffic rules and regulations. Excercise Responsible judgement
- Walk through of maps
- Some spirited fun in between when safe (each driver is responsible for their actions)
- I plan to leave on time at Start
- 3-5 stops for washroom/gas/food/pictures
- All stops have address so that if group splits they can rendezvous at stop points
- suggest to bring GPS
- bring water bottles or favorite non alchoholic beverage and some snacks just in case
- 1 of the stops in between has gas and washroom
- keep all rest stop to 15 minutes or less
- End stop has food

Specific notes on this particular drive
- so far sunny skies are predicted for that sunday
- fill up to a FULL TANK at Shell station in front of mall where Starbucks in located (unless you are running late). I highly recommend this
- small certain sections have little to no cell phone reception
- key spots which I will identified by my car slowing down to a crawl due to rough road surface eg. the first railway crossing
- from Barrie startpoint the first 30-40 mins is through highway. After that the fun twisties begins. :) The long entourage of nice cars will make it fun and noisy along the way.
- the last 30-40 mins of the drive is through highway back to Barrie for some food
- the first of the leg of the drive my wife may drive the Maserati and if we get lost its wholly my fault in reading the maps wrong. ;)
- Lastly Daniel Ponzini from AOL Autoblog Canada will be joining the drive to do some picture taking and collecting info for the drive for his article. If you are interested in taking him shotgun in your car in a small leg of the drive as he might be jumping from car to car in the drive please let me know. Your efforts for this is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owner of Pie in Barrie will rope off a section of the parking lot out front for our cars. Nice gesture on his part.

PIE - Wood Fired Pizza Joint, Now Open in Barrie, Ontario

They offer wood fire oven baked pizza. They have been regarded highly by Urbanspoon and
Trip Advisor

You may want to check out the menu beforehand to speed up the process of ordering. I have requested for separate bills.
It will be a long day and getting in and out of there will be a good thing for some.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sunny skies tomorrow. We have Lambos, Ferrari's, Maserati's, Porche's and even a Lotus Esprit ....with a Thema 8.32 (I don't even know what a Thema is)
Hope some Lotus's come out and play.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sunny skies tomorrow. We have Lambos, Ferrari's, Maserati's, Porche's and even a Lotus Esprit ....with a Thema 8.32 (I don't even know what a Thema is)
Hope some Lotus's come out and play.
Well two of us did...along with 20+ assorted Ferraris, Porsches, Bimmers, your Maserati, the Viper and of course the Lambo.

Thanks Saturn for organizing a brilliant run...particularly the pre lunch sections - magic! Be sure to post your next event and perhaps we'll get some more out from the Ontario Lotus fraternity.

Can you post some pics?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great drive...the underwater part was the best!

and I learned about this forum....my second Lotus and didn't know about this place.

Paul

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you that was an excellent day. 27+ cars. Perfect weather and road conditions. Excellent responsible and fun people.
I still have to go through the pics and take out license plates. But here is a sample of what I went through so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
slideshow

paul

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Videos of the Muskoka drive last summer.

Extending out invites again for this up coming summer. I will post details when available. Or you can also join the facebook group "Saturns Drives". Hope to see some more Lotus folks out this summer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This looks like a great day. looking forward to attending something this year...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts