The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save the date! NoVA Lotus (the Northern Virginia Lotus club) presents our 7th 'Get Your Lotus Out' event...
See interesting Lotus cars, meet other Lotus people.

Date: Sunday, May 25th, 8:00AM

Place: East Market at Fair Lakes, VA

Save the date, and tell all your Lotus friends.

Here are some pictures from our two events in 2013...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Whooooaaa a Carlton. Don't see those everyday.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get Your Lotus Out! Sunday, May 25th - Fair Lakes, VA

Bump for our 7th Get Your Lotus Out (GYLO) event. Prizes and surprises for those bringing a Lotus. The spring 2014 GYLO will be held Sunday, May 25th, (Memorial Day weekend) at Fair Lakes shopping center, the one with Kohl's and Dick's Sporting Goods.

Please RSVP to me, so I can have an idea how many cars to reserve space for.

Thanks!

Bob Collum
email: Robert(underscore)collum(at)Hotmail(dot)com

Here are some pictures from previous GYLO events -

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get Ready! GYLO 7 - Sunday, May 25th, 2014

Less than three weeks to GYLO 7 - our spring 'Get Your Lotus Out' event. Once again, we will hold this at East Market At Fair Lakes. Sunday, May 25th, 2014 from 8:00AM to 10:00AM. (This is Memorial Day Weekend.) We have done 6 of these events before, and sooner or later, we're going to get it right!

We hold the Cars & Coffee events in front of the Starbucks in the East Market at Fair Lakes shopping center - there's also a Kohl's and a Dick's Sporting Goods in the complex. East Market at Fair Lakes is about a 5 minute drive from the intersection of 66 & 286 (Fairfax County Parkway) in Fairfax, VA. You can use your Nav system or MapQuest this parking lot, using the address for Kohl's -

12551 Fair Lakes Circle
Fairfax, VA 22033

We hope to see you there. Please forward this information to your Lotus friends! A group of us goes to brunch afterwards, around 10:30AM. We will have coupons for 15% off brunch at The Blue Iguana restaurant, right around the corner.

Please RSVP to me, so I know how many parking spaces to reserve. We will have a drawing for door prizes.

--Bob Collum
robert(underscore)collum(at)hotmail(dot)com

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whatever Else You Do, Get Your Lotus Out!

A reminder - we are holding our 7th-ever GYLO (Get Your Lotus Out) event on Sunday, May 25th, from 8:00AM to 10:00AM. That's Memorial Day Weekend. We hold this event at East Market At Fair Lakes in Fairfax, VA. This shopping center is near the junction of 66 and 286 (Fairfax County Parkway), and has a Kohl's and a Dick's Sporting Goods. We cordon off a section of parking spaces, so we can have a contiguous row of Lotus. You can use your NAV system, or MapQuest, (or your trusty, brain-based navigation skills) using the address for Kohl's -

12551 Fair Lakes Circle
Fairfax, VA 22033

We typically have a good turnout for these events, and this one should be no exception. Come out to see the interesting cars, and the interesting Lotus owners. We will hold a drawing for door prizes for everyone who brings a Lotus car.

We also hold a brunch afterwards, and anyone interested can go with us. We have a deal with The Blue Iguana restaurant, right around the corner, for 15% off of food at brunch. It's a great place to sit outside, eat, and talk cars.

Please RSVP to me, so I know how many parking spaces to reserve.

Thanks - see you there!

--Bob Collum
robert(underscore)collum(at)Hotmail(dot)com

Attachments

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Looks like a really great mix of Lotus at past GYLO events. Unfortunately that weekend for us is jam packed with other things...primarily a crab feast each day!

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
man But this is the same times as Monaco, live at 7:30am I cant miss Monaco.Why did you guys do this to me?lol
At a previous-year GYLO, one of the attendees set up his laptop on the back of his Elise (DWilde?). He was using a broadband connection, and streaming the F1 coverage. It can be done.

--Bob Collum

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Biggest Lotus Event This Spring

Sunday, May 25th, 2014 - our Spring, 2014 Get Your Lotus Out event. Lotus cars, Lotus people. What could be better? Having you there! (Trust me, and ask anyone who has gone to a previous GYLO... you don't want to miss this event!)

Please let me know if you will be attending!

--Bob Collum
Robert(underscore)collum(at)Hotmail(dot)com

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's Still Time To Get Your Lotus Out!

East Market at Fair Lakes, Fairfax, VA.
Sunday, May 25th, 2014 8:00AM - 10:00AM

If you haven't RSVP'd yet, you should. We've had a good response, (between 20 and 25 cars confirmed as of this morning), with more model variety than ever before. We will have door prizes, as well as a 'favorite Lotus', by popular vote.

All I can say is, "Don't miss this event!"

Please RSVP to me, so I know approximately how many parking spaces to cordon off.

You can use your Nav system or MapQuest this parking lot, using the address for Kohl's -

12551 Fair Lakes Circle
Fairfax, VA 22033

--Bob Collum
robert(underscore)collum(at)Hotmail(dot)com

Attachments

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Bob...status is morphing. I'm 50/50 that I can make it, so save me half a parking space.

Todd

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Growing GYLO

Todd:

I've heard your Europa is gorgeous; hope we have the chance to see it Sunday.

Currently, I have 21 positive confirmations, and 6 possibles. I'd also expect a couple of people show up I haven't heard from. Sounds like a pretty good turnout, and I know everyone will love the variety of models we will have in attendance.

Weather looks amazing - isn't this a good excuse to get out and drive your Lotus, and meet like-minded folks?

Oh, and Mark Franke has been making the rounds of vendors, collecting door prizes... You really should not miss this!

Thanks,

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
I really wish I could make it to this event. Unfortunately it's just really bad timing. Hope you guys have fun and take lots of pics!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts