The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Does anyone know of a Lotus Certified mechanic/shop in northern VA? I would go to the MD ones I know about, but that will not help me with VA inspections.
Thank you!
The only Lotus Dealership in VA is in Richmond. Not NOVA...but that is where Lotus certified mechanics can be found...if by certified you mean that Lotus stands behind their work for warranty, etc.

I've heard that Ferrari of Washington, in NOVA, does a good job working on Elise/Exige. Can probably do your VA inspections just fine. No warranty work, though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only Lotus Dealership in VA is in Richmond. Not NOVA...but that is where Lotus certified mechanics can be found...if by certified you mean that Lotus stands behind their work for warranty, etc.

I've heard that Ferrari of Washington, in NOVA, does a good job working on Elise/Exige. Can probably do your VA inspections just fine. No warranty work, though.
Thanks!! Richmond is a drive from here... will look at the Ferrari of Washington

Thank you

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I don't know about having work done there, but that's where I take my Elise for the safety/emission inspections. Call and make an appointment, and they are happy to "work" on the Elise - and they take very good care of it, as they are used to dealing with much more expensive cars. It's fun to look around at all the cars in the shop and the showroom while waiting for your car to be done too. ;)

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
fmow allways did my VA inspections. you do not need a lotus cert. mech. for that. you just need someone who wont screw anything up on the car. FMOW was excellent!

ask for willy (wilbur) maserati service rep. - he will take car of you.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
By the way, they charge the same as any other place - the cost is set by law and they can't charge more than the local gas station...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've taken my Elise and Porsches to Ferrari Washington for state safety and emissions inspections and Willy and the techs have always treated me and my cars extremely well.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The Shell just south of Alexandria on GW Parkway is fine for emissions and state inspections. The guy doing them has been there for years, and just did the Elise. No worries, and no need to jack up the car.

If you need help with oil changes or something of that nature, let me know, as my friends and I are doing alot with my car.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yeah, forgot about Funktion Auto! Walid is great, he is a friend of a friend. I got invited out to Summit Point a while back when he rented the whole track to drive the Radical cars. His shop is cool, very clean. He throws some great events there as well... hmm.... maybe we could have a Lotus Tech day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you're closer in to the beltway, London Auto in Falls Church specializes in quirky little british cars and should be able to properly work on a Lotus.
http://www.londonautoservices.com/

I havent had my car serviced there (havent needed to) but I have spoken with them and they are knowledgable about these cars and have experience working on them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
European Service Centre of Leesburg, VA

There is a place in Leesburg, VA owned by a good guy and very long running Summit Point racer, Patrick.

For those of you who've lived in Leesburg for many years, Patrick worked in a little shop that most Ferrari/Lambo owners in the region took their cars to to get repaired during the 1980's. This is back way before the Ferrari of Washington dealership in Dulles, VA came to be. We typically reminisce about some of the cars I saw in his shop, particularly a 1971 P400 SV Miura. Red with gold trimmed Halibrands. He wanted to sell it to me, but I had a divorce going on at the time.....

He started his own shop in 1984. I have taken all of my European cars to him over the years including Mercedes E class, Jaguar XKR ragtop and currently my Lotus Elise.

Regarding my Lotus, he has diagnosed and corrected all of the known serious mechanical design issues with the car. From oil fittings, to relays, to soft cam and valve damage. In fact, I dropped a valve due to the latter last week and am taking my car there for him to replace the cylinder head.

By the way, I strongly suggest that you NEVER patronize Crizwell Lotus in Gaithersburg, MD which is a Lotus cert dealer. I had my car in there for over three months as part of am $9,000 insurance claim (someone hit me in a parking lot) to replace the front clam. After it was returned, I had to literally rebuild most of their work. They cracked a headlight assemblies, all bulbs loose and blinking on and off, 30% of the fasteners were missing (parts were flying off), the door was not aligned, the repaint has air holes in it and the Starshield looks like it was applied by my 14 year old - bubbles and wrinkles everywhere. The dealership made no reparations - very bad. Sorry - I'm off on a tangent....

ESC works on most European vehicles including BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Volvo, Jaguar, Maserati, Ferrari, MG, Triumph, Alfa Romeo, Fiat and more. They are simply the best I know, period. I have steered many people his way. And he has retained them all for good reason. Tell Patrick that Rick Lowe recommended you.

European Service Centre
306 Harrison St., SE
Leesburg, VA 20175
Phone: (703) 777-6155
Fax: (703) 777-1618
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30AM to 6:00PM

[email protected]

Home

1 - 12 of 12 Posts