The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, by the massive amount of activity going on in our forum, I guess i'm not the only one with a car thats seen less light the last few weeks than bats. :panic :rotfl

At least it seems to be warming up a little bit. Think i'll take the Lotus out for a spin tomorrow rain or shine. :) Been waaay too long on account of weather and me being busy as heck.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Still dailying mine. Just got the new tires a few weeks ago. 215s up front, 245s in back.

Just got egged last night. :( Paint cracked on the roof. I had fun a couple weeks ago, fixed my door pin on the driver's door and found YET ANOTHER mess that CarToys left the previous owner.

I need the weather to get better, STAT. I really need to do a haul-ass session with the car to bond with it. Maybe we need to schedule another group drive in the next few weeks?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I took her out last friday and saturday.. Saturday sucked, I spun out a few times and scared the hell out of my female friend.. good times.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Been daily driving mine every day. I'm absolutely stunned by how much traction I still have in the wet (you have to see my tires to understand why, I have over 10k on my AO48s and really need new rears soon).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my car to step out just a little bit getting on the freeway when going straight hehe. At least these Kumho Ecsta ASX's are predictable.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Where were you racing? Was there an autocross or something?
No, I was actually turning from a light.. it was cold and wet, my tires lost traction around the corner, I guess I wasn't going slow enough and spun out in the middle of the street. My passanger flipped out but she thought it was exciting in the end. Later that day, was turning onto the freeway, but I counter steer'd and got her back on track.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I put Toyo RA1's on mine last year and it's made the car 100% more predictable in the wet. Plus the tires are pretty cheap and get much longer tread life.

Just waiting on warm weather and the dry season to swap over to the 888's

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well... at least it's not freezing! I took the Lotus out for a spin tonight to go from Lynnwood and catch dinner in Issaquah. So many careless drivers out there on 405! Ive been pretty good at mindreading other drivers and it's saved me a few times from folks who aren't looking carefully when making lane changes.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Anyone notice it was snowing this weekend? I want to drive my car on a nice day before I leave..
No snow when I went for a drive yesterday (Bellevue & Issaquah). Though I heard there was snow elsewhere. I was out in a tshirt felt way too warm for snow.

·
Registered
610 Posts
No snow when I went for a drive yesterday (Bellevue & Issaquah). Though I heard there was snow elsewhere. I was out in a tshirt felt way too warm for snow.
Dude.. you an Eskimo? rotfl

Saturday I drove down to longview, wa near Oregon. It was raining so hard I could barely see out my front window in my pickup.. then it snowed, rained, snowed. On the way home near Olympia, it snowed hard..

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Dude.. you an Eskimo? rotfl

Saturday I drove down to longview, wa near Oregon. It was raining so hard I could barely see out my front window in my pickup.. then it snowed, rained, snowed. On the way home near Olympia, it snowed hard..
No, we just had really nice weather in Bellevue (when the sun was out).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was just in Bellevue and it looked like I was in Oregon or something. The cherry blossoms are in bloom already down there and over here in Lynnwood, I dont think blooming is a distant thought.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts