The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any NOS Elise owners who've measured/estimated their 0to60 or 1/4 mile times? (Not that those numbers are important for these cars ;))

I'm just thinking that since the boost is invariant to RPM, a "250 BHP NOS car" should yield faster times than a "250 BHP Turbo/SC car" since the NOS car has a higher BHP at the lower RPMs.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I'm thinking JATO myself.................:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
jndale on this board has an '05 running 75 shot. His on board computer estimates 0 to 60 in 4 second, on AD07s. I've driven the car - it is wild.

I'm in the process of deciding on a kit for myself. I'm fairly sure I will go for the 25/50/75 NX Fly-By-Wire kit. It costs much more than the regular kits (about $150) but it gets you out of running wires into the cab, and also mounting a switch under the pedal.

I'll also add an RPM window switch to avoid dumping all of the N20 under 3000 and over 7800.

Later on, I might run an activation switch, remote bottle opener and perhaps a bottle pressure gauge into the cab. We'll see.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jndale on this board has an '05 running 75 shot. His on board computer estimates 0 to 60 in 4 second, on AD07s. I've driven the car - it is wild.

I'm in the process of deciding on a kit for myself. I'm fairly sure I will go for the 25/50/75 NX Fly-By-Wire kit. It costs much more than the regular kits (about $150) but it gets you out of running wires into the cab, and also mounting a switch under the pedal.

I'll also add an RPM window switch to avoid dumping all of the N20 under 3000 and over 7800.

Later on, I might run an activation switch, remote bottle opener and perhaps a bottle pressure gauge into the cab. We'll see.
I've been considering the Zex Wet 75 system (with a window switch of course). So this NX system has wireless switches in the cab? Can you give me a link?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I've been considering the Zex Wet 75 system (with a window switch of course). So this NX system has wireless switches in the cab? Can you give me a link?
No. The kit doesn't have any switches in the cab. You buy the kit and install it entirely in the boot. To activate the system, you open the bottle and flip the switch manually. The WOT sensor installs under the hood, too. So there are no wires to run, whatsoever.

The setup I described earlier is gonna' cost about $900, which is a lot for a nitrous kit. However, it will be safe and easy to install.

Later on, I might spend the extra $250 on a remote bottle opener and activation switch, and maybe a few other toys. Then I'll spend the time to run the wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts