The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Elise California Edition
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was removing the nose badge earlier to replace it with a new one and i can't seem to get the glue off unfortunately. The goo gone seemed to spread it in a large area vs the small area it started with. Any suggestions would be appreciated if you guys have any methods. Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
156 Posts
I’d just keep at it with goo gone. Dab, wait, wipe, repeat. You’ll get it all eventually.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I was removing some of my old Starshield, glue residue was left behind. I used a steamer to warm up and soften the glue a bit, then gently applied a clay bar (with detail spray) which balled up and removed most of it. Maybe this could work with the nose badge adhesive as well.

If you don't have a steamer or heat gun, some time out in the sunshine could soften up the glue as well. But if you have PPF you might need to be careful with the heat or you could end up pulling it off while working on the glue problem.

·
Administrator
1,457 Posts
Which goo gone did you use? It comes in two strengths.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Try Rapid Remover adhesive remover, or you can also try some isopropyl first since you can source that locally but its no where as good as Rapid Remover.

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Lots of these rubber glues you just keep rolling at them and they eventually ball up. All I did when I removed the shield adhesive. Paint is fabulous and when done, just redetail with some swirl remover /glaze level stuff.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I used Xylene to remove the residue from my StarShield. Nothing else seemed to work. Try it in a inconspicuous area first but it worked great for me. Lotus Goo is so strong!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Let the Goo Gone marinate for a bit of time. It will loosen up the adhesive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts