The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the nose badge is stuck on or attached with fasteners?

I am toying with the idea of replacing mine with a Black & Silver badge as X180R did:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Double sided tape and centered with two prongs. Just slowly ease it up around multiple sides. I normally blue tape around it so I don't damage the star shield or paint with whatever soft tools I'm using.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies & to clarify/correct, X180R's black badge was installed at the factory!

·
Orange
163 Posts
Tip, use dental floss to 'saw' behind the badge through the tape, works perfect with no risk of damaging the paint.

Gr Rick

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
Cool suggestion!! I have plenty of FLOSS! You might say I'm a dennil floss tycoon!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
this thread reminded of what a great picture x180r took of the velvet red car.

i looked at one that colour in Toronto last fall but could not get any traction on the price and Montreal is an hour plus closer.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car

This is the only picture that even barely shows the black badge. I absolutely love it. For my car I wanted everything red and back outside - as little chrome as possible (only the edge of the badge - everything else has been blacked).

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks great! I have the black interior with Red stitching so will go well.

I'm going to do it!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to do it!!
Well I placed an order with My Lotus Garage but just got back the message " Your Order has been canceled due to part number A120U0169F being currently on back-order with Lotus and Lotus does not have an ETA for the part to be released off back-order."

So let's see if I can modify my old Black/Silver Elan nose badge to fit... It's probably 40+ years old...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts