The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, sad day. Just after posting some nice fog shots this morning... the wife ran errands. While stopped, and ready to enter the road, someone came wide on the corner and clipped the nose. She is fine, shook up and bruised, but seems fine. Didn't "seem" to hit the wheel (more fwd) but ugly none the less. I'm hoping resurrect-able.:rolleyes:

It's at the repair shop now.

Hey, there is a nice shot of that new LED DRL I just put on :facepalm

Attachments

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
914 Posts
Oh my, that is pretty brutal. I'm glad everyone is okay. That really is a shame; I love that color red. We're all hoping she's repairable. What kind of vehicle caused that much damage and who was at fault?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Well, sad day. Just after posting some nice fog shots this morning... the wife ran errands. While stopped, and ready to enter the road, someone came wide on the corner and clipped the nose. She is fine, shook up and bruised, but seems fine. Didn't "seem" to hit the wheel (more fwd) but ugly none the less. I'm hoping resurrect-able.:rolleyes:

It's at the repair shop now.

Hey, there is a nice shot of that new LED DRL I just put on :facepalm
Wow! Bad break. How do these freak accidents happen to a car that is always the center of attention?

Looks like the right front wheel may have been pushed back.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Damn, glad everyone seems fine.

Even if the wheel was pushed in, it is hypothetically repairable as the front crash structure comes off relatively easily. But whether or not the insurance company will drop the coin to replace the whole front end is another question, as the parts are not cheap (steering rack, radiator, maybe damaged AC box, crash structure, suspension bits, etc) and then throw in the body panels....

FWIW..my bill for minor paintwork, due to the time involved in matching and dissassembly after my accident, on the rear bumper and top left rear quarter panel, was 4500 bucks (to the other insurance company as I got hit in a parking lot !!!!). 3 stage paint is tough to match, PPG had to come out to do it in my case after several sprayouts and a custom tinted base (even with the OE mixing guides, the match wasn't perfect until they custom did it.)

I recommend you start documenting everything now and researching diminished value while the car is being repaired, so you can start that process as soon as the repairs are complete.

Good luck, sorry to see.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. Sad here. Adjuster comes tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
His front right wheel pushed it. His wheel was shoved about 8" back do his door.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I would love to be optimistic, but the damage looks pretty extensive. Hope I'm wrong.

But for every ending there is a new beginning

IMG_0304.jpg

This was my last car. A teenage girl who "didn't think she had to stop":facepalm sent me on a journey to find my Lotus:clap:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Looks like the frame took some damage too. If it's not totally, ask for diminished value. Hope you this puts you in a new Evora.

On a side note, those LEDs don't block the air flow as much as I thought. :)

·
Less is Better
2,882 Posts
If I was in that type of accident, I'd hope the car WASN'T repairable so I wasn't stuck with a car that had an accident history and never quite feels right again.

·
Registered
857 Posts
What a bummer, I had been admiring your car in the led install thread. Maybe time to move up to an S?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yiiiiikes. -eek- Glad to hear she's okay, Lckitty. As for the car, that's severe damage but I have to wonder if it's severe enough dollarwise for the insurer to stroke a check. I think I'd be pulling for that outcome, though, as it appears the frame took a hit. Not sure I'd want my Evora going to a frame shop. :(

Really sorry to see you go through this.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh my god what the hell! Sorry to see the accident :( and glad that everyone is okay... We were just talking about your LED DRLs a while ago man **** happened fast! Hope everything will recover as soon as possible!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
So sorry to see this. Please make sure your wife is checked out by a doctor. And the car damage looks pretty extensive. As others have said, it may be better if the insurance company decides to total it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
What's interesting about the photos is how the front end of the car crumbled like a potato chip (similar to race cars), yet the car's structural integrity remains relatively unaffected. How has the Evora fared in crash tests?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts