The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello LT,

I’ve been a LT member since August, 2018 but I completely overlooked doing the new member post, so here it goes…

I don’t own a Lotus yet but expect to be in the market for an S2 Elise around spring time this year. For the time being I will continue getting smarter on these amazing cars; lots of good information here.

Why do I want a Lotus? Well, while stationed in Germany a few years ago, I became friends with someone I worked with who owns a 2005 S2 Supercharged Elise. I always admired his car but never really thought of it being an affordable goal. He always talked about how great doing laps at the Nürburgring was. After four years of friendship on a Saturday morning he stopped by my house to pick me up to go the ring (only 61 km away from my house). With me as a passenger, we did 5 individual laps around the Nürburgring. I was shocked with how amazing that little car performed around the track.

One day I asked him if I could drive his S2; -eek- WOW!!! the moment I drove the car around the twisty German back-roads and into the Autobahn I knew that had to be my next toy. When we pulled back to my house, he told me I was only the second person to drive his car in his 11 years of ownership, I felt honored. I now understand how special these cars are and why owners are so jealous of them being taken on joy rides.

I am very pleased to see how this community looks after one another and that it is a mature one :clap:. I hope to meet some of you some day once I get mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention I used to own a 1993 Mazda RX7 which I had for just over 7 years. I truly enjoyed that car but it was just VERY finicky. I must admit I do miss it.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Yes I sometime miss the raw power of my Mitsu but am overall super satisfied with my decision to get the Elise. Coming up on the 16 years that I owned the Eclipse for. Actually have good finance now but haven't found anything as fun to trade. The Z06 Corvette is a fantastic car though and am tempted but not the same, Get one you will put a smile on your face every time you drive it. Tommy

Reactions: ChromeThndr

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
You have a very good friend. I have only let one other person drive mine, my wife. And that's because I taught her how to drive a manual in my previous cars. Spring is pretty much right around the corner so good luck with your search.

Gabe

Reactions: ChromeThndr

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In fact I have two good friends, because Javistor (above) also allowed me to drive his Evora S when he bought it two weeks ago and stayed at my house on his way home from Denver. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts