The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Evora 400 Burnt Orange
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I was a member of lotus talk a long time ago, under the name QYKSLVR. For some reason I couldn't recover the name, so I made a new user name in support of my finally owning a Lotus. I picked up a leftover 2018 Evora 400 in Burnt Orange last week. I am in love. I really wanted an Elise way back when, but having kids, and the wife did not understand the whole weekend car concept. So here I am 15 years later, an Ex-wife, about to turn 50 and a Lotus owner. I am over the moon. I love this car so much. I still lust for an Exige, and hope to add one to my garage one day. For now I am very fortunate to own this delightful machine.

Thanks,
Bobby

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,843 Posts
Niiiiice!

A Mod or Admin could fix your username...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
welcome back... and if you want to make the trip up to Western NC, I would be happy to trade keys with you for a weekend (or longer?) and let you have some seat time in my SCed '06 Exige =D

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welcome back... and if you want to make the trip up to Western NC, I would be happy to trade keys with you for a weekend (or longer?) and let you have some seat time in my SCed '06 Exige =D
I would love to give the exige a try, where are you located?
I love WNC, and have started looking around to maybe pick up a home or land with the eventual goal to move to the Bryson City area. I have been going up to that area since the mid 90's and know many of the good roads, very well. I am down in Panama City, FL and Asheville is only 8 hours from me. Hope to get up that way soon, honestly.

Reactions: lt1_fd3s

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
i hope to pick up another Lotus within the next year or so... I'm mainly waiting to see what the new "last petrol lotus" is so I can decide if I want one or find an Evora. But I feel I should sell my RX-7 first to free up some driveway/garage space and to help fund the it!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am considering putting my corrado race/track car up for sale for an exige. The corrado is street legal but it has a full cage and you really should wear a HANS/Helmet in it. I will probably list it on Bring a trailer soon.

·
Administrator
1,419 Posts
We'll get your screen name fixed Admin's been contacted

Reactions: FL Orange

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We'll get your screen name fixed Admin's been contacted
Thanks. I am going to keep this user name as the old one is not longer accessible.

Reactions: Catsailr27

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure if it's still around they can merge it into your new name so all your old posts will show up as "FL Orange" now...
If not, it's ok. Glad to be back.

On another topic, where do you get your car serviced in the asheville area?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I personally do most my own work but had oil line recall done at lotus dealership in Greenville, SC - Maserati Lotus Greenville
Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I personally do most my own work but had oil line recall done at lotus dealership in Greenville, SC - Maserati Lotus Greenville
Lotus/Maserati Greenville in SC has been closed for the last several months. Maserati pulled out and the only tech in the dealership left.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts