Guys, I love everything about my Lotus 211 over my Cayman R, with the exception of the gear box. This unit is just so vague, crude, and apparently fragile.
This is not news to you guys and I know it has been covered to death. I just want to know if there is any new information on the subject. I'm only looking for advice for track only cars as my car is not street legal.
1. What can be done to strengthen the existing box? Who sells the best replacement etc?
2. Better clutches etc? Replacement gears? LSD really any better (I hear both opinions)?
3. MWR sell a dog box option. It appears to be reasonable, but has a standard H pattern. Anyone run that?
4. The Quaife unit is obviously the most affordable sequential, but i hear it is both awesome and a little fragile. Anyone run one long enough and hard enough to have an informed opinion? Service intervals?
5. There are the options from Elise Parts, and Sadev, very good? Very pricey? Anyone have real life experience.
I know this has been covered, but time in use can really change people's opinions, so let's hear where this is at right now.