The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i called SVAG Friday.

per "henry" they don't have the black and storm titanium customer cars that jack had mentioned they would be selling. in fact, he didn't hadn't even heard about selling these cars. when i mentioned that jack had told me 3 weeks ago that they'd have these customer cars for sale he sounded very puzzled.

he told me they have only received the 2 customer cars that have been delivered already and they are expecting one (blue) anytime now. he didn't have any information on anymore cars.

he also mentioned that they were just talking about calling in the next group of buyers to spec their cars. he said we should expect a call near the end of the month.

this sounded promising to me until i thought to myself:

what the heck good does it do us to order our cars when practically NO cars are being delivered. They have received 2 out of 30 cars while some dealers have already delivered nearly 10 cars.

Did we choose the wrong dealer or are all CA dealers lacking in deliveries????

at this rate it will be '07 before i see my car and it's going to cost 60K!

·
Registered
587 Posts
raggedy1 said:
what the heck good does it do us to order our cars when practically NO cars are being delivered. They have received 2 out of 30 cars while some dealers have already delivered nearly 10 cars.
Didn't Fox Valley just get 9 *more* cars, bringing their total to probably close to 15 or so?

The GM Mark at SVAG said he thought they'd be getting about 100 cars/year, if that's any consolation.

Hopefully this is just because of the port backup, but if that doesn't get solved soon, I don't really see if it much matters if SVAG has a big allocation or not - they won't be getting many cars.

- John
#44 @ SVAG

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so does this mean that a boat containing Elises is waiting in queue, the ship would be diverted elsewhere or Lotus won't even attempt to ship cars our way right now???

this sux

100 cars per year would suit me just fine...:p

#48 at svag

·
Registered
587 Posts
Waahooo! Congrats, Matt! You must be so excited.

We'll all be expecting pictures and a write-up by tomorrow at the latest ;) . Let us know how SVAG treats you! I don't imagine you can get in enough miles to make it to the Lotus track day on Tuesday?

Good luck falling asleep tonight...

Best,
John

·
Registered
347 Posts
raggedy1 said:
...he also mentioned that they were just talking about calling in the next group of buyers to spec their cars. he said we should expect a call near the end of the month...
Was there any mention of a batch size? Or implication it would be the same as the first order group?
Larry

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
All shipping holdups aside, has anyone gotten any specific information on SVAGs allottments? When I asked how many they'll be getting each month, my salesman just gave me a summary "don't know." Lotus, apparently, would not provide any information.

But maybe someone else on this board knows more? It is unusual that the dealer with the largest Elise list in Northern California, home to big dot-com money, and communities like Los Gatos and Saratoga, is getting such a small trickle of cars.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Doubtful...

JonM3Coupe said:
...When I asked how many they'll be getting each month, my salesman just gave me a summary "don't know." Lotus, apparently, would not provide any information....
This seems unlikely to be true - best info. available says that all dealers know their allocation by now.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Jon, I asked the GM about that, and he felt very confident that anyone getting on the waiting list right now would have about a 1 year wait. Yes, that may be a bit optimistic but does indicate a decent allocation. I got the sense that it was really just a matter of them convincing Lotus that the number of deposits they claim to have is accurate and not inflated.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Sept, they've got 4 cars being built, Oct is around the same. After that Lotus goes into full production. They should be getting at least eight per month after that. Matt, when your ready lets do some local backroad runs to help break it in. Can try keeping up in the MR2.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm number 19 on the SVAG list and Dominic indicated (a couple of days ago) that I will have my build in October and probable delivery in late November. Hopefully all this port backup crap will be cleared up by then:cool:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: not many cars - SVAG

lbonham said:
Was there any mention of a batch size? Or implication it would be the same as the first order group?
Larry
sorry larry, i didn't ask how many would be in the next group. i'm 48 and he said i would be getting a call...

why are dealers so secretive about their allocation? i understand that it can change from quarter to quarter, but why not tell us what the current quarter allocation is supposed to be!?!

·
Registered
120 Posts
My car.

I'm #6 at SVAG, and i just called. Apparently my car is scheduled to be at the port Sept 27th. So sometime after that i should be getting my car.

According to Jack as SVAG, they have delivered (or will shortly deliver) 5 cars. (can't remember if that includes the demo or not)

No LSS cars have been delivered yet (mine is an LSS car)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Re: My car.

demarco said:
I'm #6 at SVAG, and i just called. Apparently my car is scheduled to be at the port Sept 27th. So sometime after that i should be getting my car.

According to Jack as SVAG, they have delivered (or will shortly deliver) 5 cars. (can't remember if that includes the demo or not)

No LSS cars have been delivered yet (mine is an LSS car)
Interesting, I'm #4 at DE. I was told my car is supposedly to be at port on Sept 27 also.

·
Registered
587 Posts
apkom said:
We can make mini-run then. By the way I just got a call from Graham at SVAG to order my car (#37) by Monday.
Ack!! Crap! Now I actually have to choose a color.

(I haven't gotten a call yet though - I'm #44)

- Mr. Indecisive

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
suv_bait said:
Ack!! Crap! Now I actually have to choose a color.

(I haven't gotten a call yet though - I'm #44)

- Mr. Indecisive
well as I'm right behind you, I also have to consider the build specs. thinking that there may be a price increase before we actually take delivery of our cars, I'm considering changing what I thought I would order.

I thought I was set with Touring, LSS and CO. With this first price increase I have been considering passing on the Touring (I love the aluminum window crank and extra exposed aluminum structure). Now I'm wondering if I would be just as happy with a SY car (which of course saves 1200 bux).

The GG looks awesome too, but that costs 1200 also!

sigh

1 - 20 of 26 Posts