1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Vendor
3,273 Posts
Broke on day one of the Pro. Long, Long Story. Drove to KC to visit Phil and the BOE boys. Got the car running, but not 100%, that said, Andy drove like Andy McKee, which made it super tough. XP has taken over for CP and FSAE in how many breakages we had. Factory 5 had electrical problems on day 2, Subaru lunched the motor(or suddenly got infinite compression!), McKee RX7 broke an oil fitting day 2(which left the door open), Mauro's old car blew a coolant line(if not motor), and Mauro melted an ABS connector and lost ABS.

Very frustrating week! All things considered 2nd and 4th not bad. BTW, Alexandra, had FASTEST OVERALL XP TIME on day 2! If she had a good day 1 she might have had a jacket.

The thing that really sucked is that we were so busy working on the car to really spend any time socializing with any one. Well that's racing and there is always next year. Got to get back to work on that SSM Elise....

Major thank yous to the McKee's who let Alex drive the magic RX-7 in the ladies Pro-Solo, where she was able to hop in and backup her Lotus times. That was an incredibly selfless thing to do and shows you the class act that Andy and Teresa are. Now that nationals is over we are going to work on a good way to thank them!

Additionally, big thanks to Phil and Sarah at BOE for providing us with their shop, much help, and parts to get the car back into the game!

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
'twas fun!:up:

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
This link is to the results of the Lincoln Ne. national event.
http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/results/2012%20Solo%20Nationals%20Combined%20Final%20Results.pdf
The SS class was (mostly) dominated by Corvettes, although a GT3 Porsche made a very signifcant mark.
XP class didn't turn out entirely like I hoped, but hopefully Fred will post about the event and give us the inside scoop.
Hate to burst your bubble, but bang-for-buck a Corvette is hard to beat. Ask me how I know.

San

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Uh, anyway...

Fred, bummer about your troubles. So you're going to focus on the SSM car? What happened to the transaxle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts