The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Volvo has made several of these concepts and I love all of them! Why would they be doing these design studies? Seems like a lot of work for no real reason... That being said... I hope they keep it up!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Volvo has made several of these concepts and I love all of them! Why would they be doing these design studies? Seems like a lot of work for no real reason... That being said... I hope they keep it up!

Most car companies make awesome prototypes and design studies in which they know there is no design in the future that will be remotely close to it. They usually do stuff like this to first advertise the brand name, but they also play with new technologies and styling cues which they do put into future production. Trust me, they learn a lot / get a lot from design studies like this. They also get a lot of market feedback on where to go with some new ideas and styling cues for the future. At least that's why GM does a lot of projects with colleges and design schools including my college design class.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Neil, I see that it now says Driving my Corolla. Did say "Moms Corolla". Sooooo.... Wheres the pics? Can't wait to see the new mods.
Just givin you a hard time..Glad you are ok from the accident. No "hijack" intended.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Volvo used to be very innovative, especially on the safety side, they still try to be. Unfortunatelly they are owned by one of the three stuges nowadays,,,Ford,,,,, and that has not helped at all.

My guess is Ford will spin them off in two years on their way down to the crash

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I love the look of those Pirelli tires. The whole wheel / tire / brake package looks pretty good actually. The rest just reminds me of a really nice Cobra kit car for some reason. I know they look different but it was my first thought.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I like the wheel mounted brake rotors. Like the new Buell.
Niel, the new car is gonna be fun. Its gonna take a little more work to turn into a spyder though. Sawzall or gas axe.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Neil, I see that it now says Driving my Corolla. Did say "Moms Corolla". Sooooo.... Wheres the pics? Can't wait to see the new mods.
Just givin you a hard time..Glad you are ok from the accident. No "hijack" intended.
The car is not ready for any photos :no: :eek: I have some work to do before it is photo ready. A couple of Lotus guys have already made fun of me... but give me a few months and I just might be in their rearview mirror :D

... the car has a lot of potential. It is after all 23 years old

Back to the subject
Neil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts