The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had been sidelined with surgery so she wasn’t driven ... then she stayed in garage a bit longer because of road work on my AM route to work — so, dead battery ??‍♀. The battery was subsequently charged (my husband may have removed it and taken it up the road) and she started without a problem and was working fine — until 20 mins into my drive ... then she went into limp mode and the engine light came on. She rested for a bit (30 mins in the parking lot) then started and drove without a problem (only had to drive for a couple more minutes) ... The engine light remains on, but no more limp mode. Is limp mode coming back until I get engine light reprogrammed? Or am I good to go and just need to ignore the engine light? (Based on my reading suspect VIN and ECU may no longer be “paired up”)

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
The engine light (MIL) comes on when there is a fault. If it stays on steady, the car can be conservatively be driven. If the light is flashing, the car should not be driven as it may be caused by an engine misfire and cause additional damage. Either way, the best thing to do is to see if a code has been stored. This will give you a better idea of what may have happened. A random issue may self reset/clear the MIL after several key cycles where no further issues are found. But, it depends on the cause of the MIL. You may or may not see limp mode again, depending on the fault (Once again reading the codes may help. Some members have had success unplugging/re-seating certain connectors based on certain codes).

As far as loss of the VIN based on low/no battery voltage, I have never heard of that on an Evora. Only on Elise:shrug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts