The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I decided not to make the trip over. When the pricing came out I realized the car I want would sticker for $42,720 which was out of my desired price range. However I have joined the little sub-group we have here of S2000 owners. I was planning on getting a car this summer but since I wasn't waiting for the Elise anymore I took a look around Autotrader.com and found this:

So far I am very happy with it. It is a 2003 and had just under 7k miles, perfect condition except one wheel is a little scuffed from a curb. If you guys have any good tips on maintenance or where to find the best info for mods and such please feel free to share. Thanks!

p.s. I will still try to stop in from time to time and see how you all are doing. I have appreciated all the info and advice you have supplied. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Congratulations! S2KI.com is an excellent site for all your S2000 needs.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
S2KCA

Another good source of old-time S2000 owners.

Based on the price of the Elise, my S2000 may be sticking around the garage as well.

But, if anyone is interested in a mint blk/blk 2000 model with 8,100 miles - let me know. For the right price, I might be able to swing the Elise.

·
Registered
670 Posts
So will you be changing your handle to L8RICER ?
:)

The S2000 is a fine car. I hope to have the chance to drive a 2004
before I make the final decision to shell out the money for the Elise.

Enjoy

Steve

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Another one... Erh make that two... I mean three... Whatever bites the dust.

Meat no Liz for you either?

It makes sense that the S2k is the second choice if $$$ are the issue. Don't think we will see many of us opting for a Boxster, M3 or Z4 as they are all around the same $$$ as the Liz. I also don't think many will go the MX5 route either.

No takers on the 350Z convertible?

All great cars I'm sure.

Hmmm.... future victims at the track? Easy prey? See you there:)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Can I post pictures of my Mercedes here?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Don't want to offend; however, I'm probably going to anyway when I ask;

Does anyone else think that is the worst interior EVER?!

I like red, but not 100% red...

The s2k is a good car like everyone said. I hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Genjuro said:
I wouldn't say it's the worst evAr, but I agree. For my taste, it's too... much! It would look better if just parts of it were red. At least the dash and some of the trim pieces should still be black.

Too bad you're not going with the Elise, L8BRAKR, but the S2000 is a good choice, too. I have never driven one yet, but I see them around lot, and I always thought that they were very fine cars.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My purchase is going to hinge on a couple of things - the most important being the price I can get for my S2000.

The price of the Elise is now close to $50K when you load it up and I don't have that much to spend - so we shall see what the cards bring for me......

The S2000 is a great choice as backup to the Elise plan. It's the 2nd most "raw" car in the States other than the Elise, IMHO.

I'm not a big fan of the red interior either....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I would buy an STI before I'ld buy an S2k and a Boxster before I would buy a STI. The S2k is nice but not really my ideal choice.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
One of the best vehicles in my opinion is the M coupe. I just sold my 2000 to a buddy for the Elise. I have to say tha the coupe offered some of the best driving I've ever experienced. It was simply a raw and rare experience that set me into a grin every day for 3 years. I miss my coupe; however, I plan to purchase a 02 with the s54 motor after I pay off most of the Elise.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Derek said:
I also don't think many will go the MX5 route either.
The Mazdaspeed Miata might change that. A 2500 pound Miata with 178HP and 166Ft-Lb of torque and 30% stiffer suspension, for $25,500. If not that, then the promise that the next-generation Miata (maybe a 2006 model) will weigh 2200 Lbs and probably come with the 2.3L engine that makes 160HP/150Ft-Lb in the Mazda3...

I can tell you that my plan if the Elise isn't everything I hope for is the 2004 S2000.

No takers on the 350Z convertible?
Lordy, no. I'm not interested in the coupe, and I'm far less interested in its uglier, heavier sibling.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
If you guys are all jumping the Liz ship please check out my car domain page at the bottom of my posts! :D Most of my cars are for sale at the moment.

Ive got a V8 miata for sale and its got revalved koni's on it.

Ive also got a 400hp turbo miata for sell....

And yet another turbo miata ( the silver one) for sell that regularly captures FTD for fendered cars in a VERY competative region. She's ugly( mild body damage) , but has the best of the best in parts and gets the job done quite well.

And a T-88 built motor RX7.

Come on! You know you want one!:)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Due to the bottom falling out on S2K resell prices and the rising costs of the Elise, I too may end up keeping the S2K. I'm staying on the Elise wait list as long as possible and holding out hope that I can sell my car and not take a loss, but it doesn't look good.

The S2K is are great car and I was sad (still am) at the thought of selling it. If I get "stuck" with it, I'll still be happy. I love my S2K, but I love the Elise too. :(

It sucks to be poor.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
If you guys are all jumping the Liz ship please check out my car domain page at the bottom of my posts! :D Most of my cars are for sale at the moment.
Sorry OneFastMiata,

I'm not jumping ship; I was merely noting that some of our compadres are. :)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Prices plummeting on sports is just the way it is. They're totally impractical luxury items and have for the most part never have held value well with some exceptions.

Don't sweat it! ;)
Chris

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Genjuro said:

I like red, but not 100% red...

The s2k is a good car like everyone said. I hope you enjoy it!
It looks better in person, at least I think? I kind of have a fetish for all red interiors. The first semi-fast cool car I ever drove was a 1994 (I think) IROC Z convertible, black with all red interior, since then I have always loved that combo. But since my last few cars have been black I decided to have peace in my life and go with a color that stays clean longer than five minutes.;)

John, I too went initially looking for a '04 S2k but there isn't a whole lot available and I wasn't gonna be getting a deal on one either. BTW, you probably know this but the '04's have a 2.2L and only rev to 8k (not as much fun IMO) however I do think the styling is a little better and the updated interior is nice also.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm not jumping ship either. I just test drove a 350Z and liked it. I have not test driven the Elise but it sounds great. I'm around #50 at Overseas motors, so I certainly should be able to test drive one before I order.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts