The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Notorious,
I accidently drove through Compton at night a few months back in the Elise. I would have been quite happy with granola and birkenstocks at that moment.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Notorious,
I accidently drove through Compton at night a few months back in the Elise. I would have been quite happy with granola and birkenstocks at that moment.
Compton ain't so bad. Try driving through Oakland, West Sacramento, Sacramento, San Jose, Stockton, Modesto, and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I have spent a couple days in SanJose, the parts I saw were quite nice. Though in all fairness, any large town has it's rough parts. I didn't see any nice parts to Compton, we took the main drag through to get to Long Beach (I was tired of being on the highway and wanted to take some surface streets).

·
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have spent a couple days in SanJose, the parts I saw were quite nice. Though in all fairness, any large town has it's rough parts. I didn't see any nice parts to Compton, we took the main drag through to get to Long Beach (I was tired of being on the highway and wanted to take some surface streets).
Nah, I've been through Compton a few times, and I can tell you it ain't nothing compared to South Central or anywhere near the USC/MLK neighborhoods. Some of the projects... I tell ya... don't ever go in there alone or you ain't coming out.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
LOL, yes, I lived in Memphis. The projects were major bad mojo. I went there to recover one of my stolen cars. The police refused to show up, until they had full swat backup. Tow trucks would not go to the projects, they got shot up because people thought they were the repo man. They had made a mess of the key switch in the theft; had to hot-wire the car to get it home. Compton was not at the level of badness of the Memphis projects; I hope to never drive through an area which is worse. I will say this, the people in the projects had excellent communication skills, all the troublesome ones understood Glock fluently.

·
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, yes, I lived in Memphis. The projects were major bad mojo. I went there to recover one of my stolen cars. The police refused to show up, until they had full swat backup. Tow trucks would not go to the projects, they got shot up because people thought they were the repo man. They had made a mess of the key switch in the theft; had to hot-wire the car to get it home. Compton was not at the level of badness of the Memphis projects; I hope to never drive through an area which is worse. I will say this, the people in the projects had excellent communication skills, all the troublesome ones understood Glock fluently.
Sounds like King's Manor in Pasadena... or Jefferson Heights.

Your government tax money hard at work.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Naw, I am just trying to bait Notorious into some "project rodeo". Drive into a tough tough project at 11PM on a Friday night in your Lotus, and just "try" to hang onto your steering wheel for 10 seconds. Ride ends when you are yanked out, or the gun sounds.

·
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Already done. Not only have I driven through rough neighborhoods in the Elise, I've actually parked it a few times at all odd hours. I've had a few hairy moments that could have gone south but nobody did anything other than make the same type of comments you get anywhere else.

I actually had more fun cruising the hood in some of my daily beaters. You get a lot more reaction from the locals depending on what you drove.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts