The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SVAG (Silicon Valley Auto Group) has graciously volunteered to host a Lotus tech day at their service facitlity in Campbell on Saturday, November 13th. Details will be worked out towards the end of October, but in general, this is will be a chance to learn more about the Elise by talking to their service guys and looking at an Elise up on a lift. You'll also be able to tour their shop and check out their selection of Lotus merchandise (they just received a few Lotus jackets).

If anyone's interested in buying a Stage I or II exhaust from SVAG, we might be able to get them to install it during this event so people can watch.

If you have any suggestions of what you'd like to see at this event, please PM me or post to this thread.

While this event is being organized by Club111 and SVAG, it is open to all Lotus owners, past and future. You do not need to be a Club111 member to attend.

Kiyoshi, can you please let the GGLC folk know about this?

More details will come later. Expect the even to occur late morning/early afternoon. We may work in a drive afterwards.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I'm in -- definitely in!!!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
SVAG mech told me that they've installed the Stage I on their chrome orange demo. Hopefully they'll have it there so I can hear what it sounds like.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Nay, it's the stage II. The sales guy was thinking stage I as well. At least the service manager who told me about it knew. I've driven it it's a stageII.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's an update on the SVAG service dept. open house:

Silicon Valley Auto Group, service department
1436 White Oaks Road
Campbell, CA
link to map

Time:
9:00 - 1:00

After the open house, those interested can join me for a drive through the Santa Cruz mountains on a route TBD (weather permitting).

Details:
- SVAG will be providing lunch.
- This event is open to all Lotuses, past and present (and the many of you with deposits down waiting for your cars!).
- Their parts department will be open displaying the Lotus gear they have (jackets, shirts, etc).

SVAG is really willing to work with us on what we'd like to see or do, so if you have any suggestions, pleas post them here. Depending on the level of interest, these are some options for what can be done during this time:

- Put one or more Elises (or other Lotuses) up on a lift, remove underbody panels, and spend hours admiring the view. :)

- If someone would like to purchase a stage 1 or stage 2 exhaust from SVAG that day, they'll do the installation work for free (limit one).

- If someone needs their 1k service done on their Elise, they'll do it for parts cost only (limit one). This would give everyone a chance to observe what's done, see how the ECU data dump is done and the resulting data, and discuss that data with their mechanic. Hopefully someone will take them up on this offer!

If there are any other suggestions for what you'd like to see at this event, please post them here and I'll review them with the SVAG service manager. If you'd like to take advantage of one of the free labor offers mentioned above, post here; to be fair to those people who don't spend all day reading EliseTalk ;), we'll take all responses posted by 11:59PM Friday (the 5th) and randomly select one.

If you plan on attending, please post here and indicate what car you're bringing (or, you can send me a PM instead). RSVP requested by Wednesday (this is primarily so they can get an accurate head count for lunch).

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I'm in! With a little luck will even have my Elise. Stage II installed for free... can I hold the spot for a few days, makes for a offer that's hard to refuse.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LarryB said:
I'm in! With a little luck will even have my Elise. Stage II installed for free... can I hold the spot for a few days, makes for a offer that's hard to refuse.
Sorry Larry, can't hold the spot, as it'll be randomly chosen from all interested parties who respond in time (see post)! However, I'll throw your name in the list for the exhaust. If you win, and decide to back out next week, I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem finding someone else to take the spot.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Sorry missed the part about the radom draw. Seems like a good way to do. Must say I'm pretty impress by what there offering.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EDIT: since the GGLC won't be receiving notice of this event until possibly tomorrow, I'm pushing out the deadline for responding to the exhaust and 1k service offers another day, to Saturday, 11:59PM. Does this sound fair to everyone? I just didn't think it'd be fair if it was a first-come, first-served free-for-all. If no one responds by the time listed, it'll then go to the first person who responds after that time, via post to EliseTalk, PM to me, or email to me (for the GGLC folk).

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I'll definitely be attending... Would like to see an oil change (removing the panel, really), and I'd like definitive info on the mushy brakes, and what can be done to address this. Otherwise, I just intend to come, observe, and absorb.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'll probably be there with my LRG Elise. I'm told I may be out of town for the following week, but I don't know when exactly the client will be flying me out. I should know in the next few days and will post again if I can't make it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
MattG said:
[BIf you plan on attending, please post here and indicate what car you're bringing (or, you can send me a PM instead).[/B]
You can count me in for one, bringing a SY Elise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Guys,

This is Rich Lindell. I am the Parts manager at SVAG, and we are excited to be hosting this day for you guys. We do have some more of the NEW Lotus branded goods(clothing) from the Gear for Sports line.

We are still in the process of learning these cars, and it is truly amazing how much you guys know over us!! Larryb...you especially!!!

We will have all the clothing and car covers at 10% off of retail pricing.

Can't wait to meet you all here, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself or Henry at

[email protected]

Best~
Rich

p.s.--larry hope I will have the leather bits worked out by then. Lotus has been slow on replys.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I'm in!
My car is leaving NY tomorrow morning so I should see it by next Friday (hopefully).
If it's here count me in the drawing for free labor on the Stage II. Btw Matt, do you know how much they charge for the exhaust alone?

andy

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
redhead said:
We will have all the clothing and car covers at 10% of retail pricing.
-eek- Seriously? 90% discount from retail?

Can you do mail order or just local pickup? Anyone want to put together a group buy of Lotus jackets or something?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts