The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Nov. 13 - Lotus tech day at SVAG

6K views 63 replies 21 participants last post by  doma 
#1 ·
SVAG (Silicon Valley Auto Group) has graciously volunteered to host a Lotus tech day at their service facitlity in Campbell on Saturday, November 13th. Details will be worked out towards the end of October, but in general, this is will be a chance to learn more about the Elise by talking to their service guys and looking at an Elise up on a lift. You'll also be able to tour their shop and check out their selection of Lotus merchandise (they just received a few Lotus jackets).

If anyone's interested in buying a Stage I or II exhaust from SVAG, we might be able to get them to install it during this event so people can watch.

If you have any suggestions of what you'd like to see at this event, please PM me or post to this thread.

While this event is being organized by Club111 and SVAG, it is open to all Lotus owners, past and future. You do not need to be a Club111 member to attend.

Kiyoshi, can you please let the GGLC folk know about this?

More details will come later. Expect the even to occur late morning/early afternoon. We may work in a drive afterwards.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #7 ·
Here's an update on the SVAG service dept. open house:

Silicon Valley Auto Group, service department
1436 White Oaks Road
Campbell, CA
link to map

Time:
9:00 - 1:00

After the open house, those interested can join me for a drive through the Santa Cruz mountains on a route TBD (weather permitting).

Details:
- SVAG will be providing lunch.
- This event is open to all Lotuses, past and present (and the many of you with deposits down waiting for your cars!).
- Their parts department will be open displaying the Lotus gear they have (jackets, shirts, etc).

SVAG is really willing to work with us on what we'd like to see or do, so if you have any suggestions, pleas post them here. Depending on the level of interest, these are some options for what can be done during this time:

- Put one or more Elises (or other Lotuses) up on a lift, remove underbody panels, and spend hours admiring the view. :)

- If someone would like to purchase a stage 1 or stage 2 exhaust from SVAG that day, they'll do the installation work for free (limit one).

- If someone needs their 1k service done on their Elise, they'll do it for parts cost only (limit one). This would give everyone a chance to observe what's done, see how the ECU data dump is done and the resulting data, and discuss that data with their mechanic. Hopefully someone will take them up on this offer!

If there are any other suggestions for what you'd like to see at this event, please post them here and I'll review them with the SVAG service manager. If you'd like to take advantage of one of the free labor offers mentioned above, post here; to be fair to those people who don't spend all day reading EliseTalk ;), we'll take all responses posted by 11:59PM Friday (the 5th) and randomly select one.

If you plan on attending, please post here and indicate what car you're bringing (or, you can send me a PM instead). RSVP requested by Wednesday (this is primarily so they can get an accurate head count for lunch).

Discussion starter · #9 ·
LarryB said:
I'm in! With a little luck will even have my Elise. Stage II installed for free... can I hold the spot for a few days, makes for a offer that's hard to refuse.
Sorry Larry, can't hold the spot, as it'll be randomly chosen from all interested parties who respond in time (see post)! However, I'll throw your name in the list for the exhaust. If you win, and decide to back out next week, I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem finding someone else to take the spot.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
EDIT: since the GGLC won't be receiving notice of this event until possibly tomorrow, I'm pushing out the deadline for responding to the exhaust and 1k service offers another day, to Saturday, 11:59PM. Does this sound fair to everyone? I just didn't think it'd be fair if it was a first-come, first-served free-for-all. If no one responds by the time listed, it'll then go to the first person who responds after that time, via post to EliseTalk, PM to me, or email to me (for the GGLC folk).

Discussion starter · #21 ·
Nice try Ground Loop. ;)

Raggedy, I don't know what the cost for the StageII is, maybe Rich can tell us?

Rich, the 10% off is great! Can't wait to take advantage of that.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
redhead said:
We will have all the clothing and car covers at 10% off of retail pricing.
Rich, will this offer be extended to other Lotus accessories (coffee cups, pens), or is it really just clothing and car covers?

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Congratulations, Raggedy1! My wife drew your name out of a hat for the Stage2 exhaust installation. I'll let Andrew, the service manager, know and you can work out the details with him. Since you don't have your car yet, we drew a backup name in case yours doesn't arrive - LarryB, that's you. Hopefully, at least *one* of you guys will get your car by then!

No one has signed up for the 1k service yet, but I think the odds are good that someone will come forward to take advantage of that.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
The rubber seal at the base of my driver's side window needs to be replaced. Assuming time is available, SVAG will also be doing this work at this Saturday's open house. I'm not really sure what's involved here, if the window needs to be removed or what, so it could be either a very quick, five minute job, or a very educational peek inside the guts of the Elise's doors!

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Just a reminder, if you plan on coming, please be sure to let me know either by posting to this thread, sending me an email, or sending me a PM - TODAY. This is so SVAG can get an accurate headcount for lunch.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
It's truly more of an open house, wander in anytime. I'm not sure when they'll be starting the 1k service work.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
SouL - by all means, bring your father along! Same applies to spouses, etc.

There will be no problem with parking, it's a really big lot and *empty* when the businesses are closed.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
At this point, the drive afterwards is looking unlikely (unless someone else wants to organize/lead it). As you know, the roads in the hills take some time to dry out, and leading a group of new mid-engined sports cars quickly along roads like that isn't my favorite thing, it's too risky. We'll see if it rains tonight at all, that might decide it for me.

Discussion starter · #61 ·
Thanks to the staff at Silicon Valley Auto Group for helping to make this event a huge success! While I'm disappointed there weren't any takers for the stage 2 exhaust installation, I enjoyed watching the 1k service being done and learning more about that. The staff at SVAG provided us with lunch and honestly enjoyed answering our many questions!

I've posted quite a few pictures from the event on my website. (link)

Lastly, the first time I've seen the yellow/red color combo. Looked pretty nice actually!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.