The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is looking at buying a car (a Smart cabriolet), but really wants to have custom paint and leather interior. Given the reasonable starting price on this car (and the fact that a major reason for buying one is to have a commuter car that helps us fit three cars into our two-car garage), seems like it should be doable. Does anybody have a recommendation for a first-rate place in the DC/Northern Virginia area to have paint and interior work done? No problem if it's not a single vendor for both.

We have driven the Smart, and she likes it. We know it's slow, and she has no problem with the weird shifting. Having spent so much time between the two Lotus I have owned, ride comfort is a non-issue for us. We got the Elise I wanted; it's only fair that we get her what she wants.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've used two body shops: WagonWork in Virginia and JT's in Maryland. Both do incredible paint work and charge accordingly.

What kind of custom paint would go on a Smart? :shrug:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Paint:
Robert Appel - Autocrafters in Manassas
Wagonworks - Alexandria

Interior:
Bo Auto Upholstery & Furniture - Lorton

I've had nice results from all of these.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks, guys. What she wants is not so much 'custom' paintwork in the sense of anything fancy. She just wants something other than the 6 basic colors they offer in the US. I am assured she won't want pink.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts