The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on apparent interest in the Other Cars threads, I decided to formalize the interest with a thread.

Please chime in if you're interested in a nice drive in the Loudon County area, similar to the one organized by Mark R. last year.

May 10th has been floated as a possible date. With lunch in Leesburg at a nice new restaurant with space.

Who's up for it?

1. Nawambo - 2006 STI

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I am in if it is May 10th

2005 Starlight Black Elise

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
The restaurant is Hamburg Donner. (The owners are from Hamburg.) Their specialty is a sandwich that will remind you of a gyro; however, it is different. Apparently it is popular in Germany and they are starting a franchise in the US.

The morning of May 10th would work for me (ending with lunch). The Belle Grove Plantation Beer Festival is the same day, and I never miss that; however it is an afternoon event.
http://www.bellegrove.org/beerfestival.html

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
That's cool. My daughter will likely want to tag along with me. Heads up in advance everyone: she is only 14 so back off. :no:

·
Registered
992 Posts
That's cool. My daughter will likely want to tag along with me. Heads up in advance everyone: she is only 14 so back off. :no:
what r u so concerned about, chris? thats way too old for some of the people here.

:D

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far, I've received interest from a Porsche friend and I'm going to check with my Ferrari friend to see if he'd be interested as well.

This should be a nice run.

Cheers,
Nawar

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been looking for an opportunity to check out an Elise up close and thought attending a local meet might be a good idea. I'm looking to buy one later this year and so far have only seen a few on the road and have done a lot of reading on them, but have yet to ride or sit in one. I currently drive a Vibe GT, so at least I'm familiar with the 2ZZ. Where do you plan to go for a fun drive? Would some of you mind showing your Elise to me? I am interested in coming, but it will also depend on whether I decide to head out to the bay that day.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I've been looking for an opportunity to check out an Elise up close and thought attending a local meet might be a good idea. I'm looking to buy one later this year and so far have only seen a few on the road and have done a lot of reading on them, but have yet to ride or sit in one. I currently drive a Vibe GT, so at least I'm familiar with the 2ZZ. Where do you plan to go for a fun drive? Would some of you mind showing your Elise to me? I am interested in coming, but it will also depend on whether I decide to head out to the bay that day.
If the weather is decent this coming Sunday, head over to the Brits on the Green show in Alexandria. There will likely be several Lotus there, both Elise and Exige...and hopefully some Esprits/Sevens/Europas/Elans as well.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts