The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Nova wheels and tires yesterday, went with OEM tire sizes:

Front: 235/40 and rears: 285/35

For those of you that have Nova wheels, what tire sizes you running?

Just curious, know the tires I got are OEM sizing but visually not yet used to the taller sidewalls..

And yes, the wheels I had on the Esprit prior and posted for sale are still available! C'mon guys! Someone buy them, make me an offer, need to replenish the "Fun Fund" !!!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, just gonna take some getting used to coming from 18" front and 19" rears not to mention they had lower side profile...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks, just gonna take some getting used to coming from 18" front and 19" rears not to mention they had lower side profile...
I ran my previous set of Novas with Nitto05s in stock size. They looked and drove good.

The current set has Bridgestones, not quite as nice as the Nitto, but they came with the wheels and are stock size and near new.

What tires are you running?

I find that some tires of the same size look different due to tread and sidewall design.

Randy

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ran my previous set of Novas with Nitto05s in stock size. They looked and drove good.

The current set has Bridgestones, not quite as nice as the Nitto, but they came with the wheels and are stock size and near new.

What tires are you running?

I find that some tires of the same size look different due to tread and sidewall design.

Randy
Have a friend who has a tirerack.com wholesale account so usually buy there. Plugged in the OEM tire sizes and the only ones that it came back with were the Sumitomo HTR Z II . Having had other Sumitomo tires in the past and was pleased with them that is what I went with.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOOT! Got it inspected yesterday, cat replaced with straight pipe and Nova wheels installed.

Now just need somebody to buy my old wheels and tires! HELP A GUY REPLENISH HIS FUN FUNDS!

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
WOOT! Got it inspected yesterday, cat replaced with straight pipe and Nova wheels installed.

Now just need somebody to buy my old wheels and tires! HELP A GUY REPLENISH HIS FUN FUNDS!
I think your old wheels look better on your car.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Wow...LOOKS GREAT!!!!
Love both looks...the other tire/wheel combo gave it a wild, trick, custom look.

These definitely look like they ride a lot better :)

If it were me and I had the means, I'd keep the other set and change them out to suit my mood, kind of like what women do with shoes :)

Roy

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow...LOOKS GREAT!!!!
Love both looks...the other tire/wheel combo gave it a wild, trick, custom look.

These definitely look like they ride a lot better :)

If it were me and I had the means, I'd keep the other set and change them out to suit my mood, kind of like what women do with shoes :)

Roy
May have to keep the other set as only one bite on it, which was too low unless for just the wheels.. So, yeah.. have THREE sets! :p

The Nova's do ride better due to smaller diameter and taller sidewall.

Gonna check ride height this weekend, think need to lower a bit to get in spec

·
Registered
252 Posts
I also use the HTR Z tires on my Novas. I've used them on other cars and been happy.

·
Banned
938 Posts

Very Slick.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
My car came with the Sumis and I replaced with Michelin PS2 for a big improvement in traction and noise reduction.

However, the Sumis were quite old and hardened, even though they had lots of tread remaining.

I do like the look of the Sumis, with the aggressive tread pattern.

I run oversize, 295 on rear, same as the 350

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah
Tirerack.com only came up with one brand and version of tire in oem sizes

Found pirellis but were twice the price and then some

Friend w wholesale acct got me the set for $440 shipped

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Whoa, that's a great deal! I would be all over the Sumis at that price.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I think I got my Nitto NT-05 from the local Discount Tire for $137ea for the fronts and $235ea for the rear. He beat all the prices I had found, including the ebay seller with free shipping.

Looks like the Sumitomo's are $434 on tirerack (not including shipping).

·
Registered
576 Posts
Can't speak to the Sumis, but love the Nittos. They were less than $700 shipped from Discount Tire Direct

Had Goodyears before that didn't handle nearly as well.

I've always found that the right tire(not always the most expensive) can improve the handling tremendously.

Never got the idea of spending thousands on the car and upgrades and then putting on crap tires or "all season" tires.

Randy

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Can't speak to the Sumis, but love the Nittos. They were less than $700 shipped from Discount Tire Direct

Had Goodyears before that didn't handle nearly as well.

I've always found that the right tire(not always the most expensive) can improve the handling tremendously.

Never got the idea of spending thousands on the car and upgrades and then putting on crap tires or "all season" tires.

Randy
Matching tires are getting hard to find...
I've put $14.5k Brembo racing brakes (list price, that I didn't pay) ;)
and $6.5k+ JRZ double adjustable shocks on mine... (also didn't pay list)

I'm considering getting some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in 18" front and rear, just so I can choose some more appropriate track rubber....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts