The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novemebr 5th- Lime Rock

On November 5th there is a SCDA event at Lime Rock that will feature, at least for us Lotus guys, a hospitaility area presented by Hunting Ridge Motorsport for Club111 and ETalk members. Since this is in my region and I'm in close contact with Mark Starr, I'd like a head count on who intends on being there.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I'll likely stop by to hang out and take some nice snaps if possible. Too late for me to sign up as the event is full. If I can find an interested party, I'll set up the datalogger in the car to see what's going on out there. It just blutaks to the floor and plugs in to the power outlet between the seats.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stan I may come up with Steph Thursday night late. Any recommendations on where to stay Thursday night with the consideration of a late arrival around 11:00 pm?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Stan I may come up with Steph Thursday night late. Any recommendations on where to stay Thursday night with the consideration of a late arrival around 11:00 pm?<<<

Well since it's early-up the next day which will be busy, you need to stay near the track. Lots of folks stay at the Interlaken Inn which is nearby: http://www.interlakeninn.com/

Some events even hold tech there the night before. It's a big place with facilites, decent restaurant, rec center, etc.

There are also some nice B&Bs nearby...check the list here: http://www.limerock.com/directory_accom.htm#B&Bs

See ya there.

·
Registered
869 Posts
i will try to be there but being my busy season (i sell woodstoves) i wont know till that day.

plus last event i attended my car got angry with me :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'll be there with wife and mailman.:eek: Don't go there........ :no:

Do we know what time the gates open or what time we should arrive?

·
Registered
387 Posts
If anyone is signed up with SCDA for this event and cannot make it for any reason, two things:

1. I'm sorry

2. Please call or write Ian at SCDA and let him know, so I can have your spot.:D

I got my car too late with too little notice to sign up before the event filled. So I'm on the wait list ... I hope that I can get a spot. If so, I'll be there!

Steve

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Does anyone know if the concession stand will be open. Oh, and what's the gate fees for a spectator?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just called Lime Rock. Here's how it works. Anyone who is part of Club111, a customer of Mark's or on Elisetalk and intends to come must call Mark (914-939-7200) and tell him you're coming TODAY at the latest. He will then place you name on a list which will be at the gate. Tell the gate what group you are with (Club111) and that you are headed to the Hunting Ridge Motorsports Hospitality Area, and they'll let you through. THIS IS A PRIVATE EVENT! No one not on the list will be allowed through, from what I was just told. If you have any questions, you can call me on my cell (267) 496-4551.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well, no spots have opened up, and I just made arrangements to sell my Porsche tomorrow to a guy flying in from Toronto, so I'm out :(

You guys have a great time! And be safe! Steve

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Steve,

Congrats but that sucks. I was hoping to see you there.

Mikey

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
614 Posts
LONG ISLAND EXPRESSWAY

I saw my first Elise on the road today...i thought i was going to be the first on Long Island to get one but i saw it going east by exit 58 it was Yellow with a Hardtop...who was it?!

maybe i'll be the first to get a red one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Aw, Man!

Stan, had I known you were looking for a car to plug into for the day I would've been more than happy to let you get a pathetic read on my driving. Really only my first run was really bad...warmed up to the track quickly. :up:

It was a GREAT event, a pure blast. I think there were 21 Elise's and Mark's Exige.

For those planning to do this next year, you're going to have a fantastic time. The event is well run, very organized and on time! Hope to see you there in the spring.

I'm addicted. Public roads officially suck... :drool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts