The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my '83 Esprit, I thought it would be fun to replicate some pictures I took of me with an '85 back during the early 90s. What's interesting is the difference in the foliage, as both photos were taken at the same spot in my front yard.

Damn, I sure got fat and grey over the last two plus decades.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Looking good! Nice taste in cars, head full of hair, what more do you want?

What happened to the beautiful flowers in your yard?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great idea, great cars!

Think of the wisdom you've gained over the years (hopefully)!

I bet seeing these pics like this really causes you to reflect...

:clap:

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
I see a fifteen year old kid in all four pictures.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
awesome to see. Look forward to seeing the car in person when I get out there. Nothing like the classic Esprit lines.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What happened to the beautiful flowers in your yard?
They're azaleas which bloom in the early spring. I'm planning on taking another set of pictures when they are in bloom

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome to see. Look forward to seeing the car in person when I get out there. Nothing like the classic Esprit lines.
The lines are one of the reasons I wanted an 83-87. Looking forward to meeting you- will your car be out of the shop by then?

BTW- If you could do me a favor- next time you're @ Orlando Lotus, ask the mechanics how familiar they are with my year & model. I need someone to check out a bunch of minor things in my dash, the Sarasota dealer told me their mechanic isn't very familiar with the older models like mine. I appreciate their honesty and respect them for it.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

Hope to see the updated picts in 2025!

·
Super Moderator
3,968 Posts
I really like those old/new composite photos.

What is the history on your 85 and 83? Did the 83 replace the 85 recently or much later?

And yes, all I see is a 15 year old with his dream car(s):UK:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
LOL nice comparison photos.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
pretty cool...i should take some photos with my car for before and after in another decade or so...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts