The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All 3 parked in the service lane. SB is actually much nicer than I expected. I thought the grillwork would get lost in the black, but it doesn't. SB makes the car look even smaller. Very sharp.

As for COM -- I really like it, tho I'm not sure I'd want to live with it, long-term. Too bad it doesn't come with a matching interior. In the 80's (70's?), the Ford Fiesta came in bright orange, with a matching bright orange interior, and I always thought it would be fun to own that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
pinmagic said:
All 3 parked in the service lane. SB is actually much nicer than I expected. I thought the grillwork would get lost in the black, but it doesn't. SB makes the car look even smaller. Very sharp.

As for COM -- I really like it, tho I'm not sure I'd want to live with it, long-term. Too bad it doesn't come with a matching interior. In the 80's (70's?), the Ford Fiesta came in bright orange, with a matching bright orange interior, and I always thought it would be fun to own that.
FYI, COM is the Chrome Orange Mafia... the color is just CO.:cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Pin,

Man, you're killing me! I was all set on Black, then I read it was not a great black. So I decided on Nightfall Blue, then wavered towards Laser Blue. Now you're telling me that black is beautiful...GRRR! The only one I've seen in person is NFB, so it's a tough decision, and I'm sure I'll have to lock in my order soon.
Any suggestions? Max.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
maxx...want another opinioin? i looked at a black car at lotus of atlanta as it was sitting next to a graphite gray and my storm titanium. the black is not a bad black at all. there was, however something else about the car i did not like. i was not impressed with the appearance of all the trim pieces against the black or graphite paint as compared to the titanium (and a silver car i looked at). now mind you on my mr2 spyder i went for black because i liked the look of the black on black. for some reason i did not find that the look worked as well on an elise. and i am much happier having stuck to my original color choice.

of course your opinion as well as those of others may be different, but that is my take on seeing the cars lined up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey LotusLust,

Great minds must think alike! My current car is a black MR-2 Spyder, another reason to go with one of the shades of blue (because I'm ready for a change and tired of washing cars!).

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Looks like zainomobiledetail.com is offline.
Both name servers are unreachable.

Code:
; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> @LINUX1.W65.NET [url]www.zainomobiledetail.com[/url]
;; global options:  printcmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> @LINUX2.W65.NET [url]www.zainomobiledetail.com[/url]
;; global options:  printcmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pin, are those all newly delivered cars, or is one or more just in for service? I didn't think that Criswell had more than one purple in its first batch of orders, and that one was in some weeks ago.

As for opinions on the starlight black, the one I saw was ok, but I wasn't really enthusiastic about it. I have a black car, so it is not a case of just not liking black. This black has flecks of golden brown in it, and my first impression when I came up to the car was that it needed to be washed. Then I realized that what I thought was dirt was the paint job itself. But I'm sure others will like it. To me there isn't any substitute to seeing the car in person. The two colors I want to see before ordering are laser blue and graphite gray, but I don't think I'll see either before I get the call.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I assumed that was the same Aubergine I saw there a couple of weeks ago. The black still had the stickers. Not sure about the CO.

I really liked the black.

·
Banned
270 Posts
Forget the COM. We should start the BOBM and teach them a lesson. Black on Black Mafia is where it's at, except, of course, after a few days of 40 mph plus winds, some sugar cane burning, a few good rain storms, lots of dirt and dust flying around, hell, CO may be the perfect color for Maui!

Aloha ohana,
Thomas Praetzel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts