The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we haev all heard of the good news, I was wondering if the dealers have the exhaust and driving light options available. Also, since the cars are here after the delays and such, I was wondering if now would be an appropriate time for some companies who have spent time developing performance products to share their progress with all of us? I am sure that-as many people have ellueded to-many people will receive their cars in the next few months, and the distribution and supply problems are corrected.

While we are all happy for Chris, maybe if we had some information about potential products that we can put on our car, we can bring the idea of ownership even one more step closer:clap: . I was curious if exhaust systems were offered for the first customres as options, and if anyone has developed an intake/exhaust system of their own.

P.S. Is it wrong that I feel a little giddy?:confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Mean TT said:

P.S. Is it wrong that I feel a little giddy?:confused:
:)

Just as some people might overreact to delays a couple days ago and proclaim DOOM... by the same token we are not yet really ready for GIDDY. :)

But reserved optimism for sure.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Sector 111 has a great shower cape made under license from Elemental, did some research and the elemental cape was rated as the best of the capes out there by several SELOCers. I've got one and will be fitting it, as I plan to use it in the garage at work.

He's also got a great carbon fibre rear diffuser which is cool. Made by Reverie. also the undertray quick release kit which replaces the bolts with dzus fasteners.

Chris
I'm anxious to see any other goodies out there as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You need the driving lights. Both high and low beam are pretty poor in the Elise. I am actually looking at replacing globes at the moment.

Practicality, I would like to see an improved roof system that is quicker to put on

Aesthetically, I think carbon fibre replacement for the black vents (side, back and front) would look sensational

Performance wise (well at leas sound wise), after market exhaust, with a single pipe, would be nice.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
ITG is developing a nice intake for Sector 111. I'm expecting it this Fall. We've got a couple of full exhaust solutions under development as well. These should also be available this Fall.

I'm most excited about our wheels. We've got the SSR wheels and Yokohama tires in stock. The Kodiak 3-piece wheels should be available shortly.

Plus other tasty bits are in the works....send me a PM to get on our e-mail list with product updates.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Suit,
I'm with you on replacing the plastic intakes with carbon fibre, it would have to be UV protected coated tho, CF after about 6 months of UV exposure turns a nasty gray!!

Chris

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
has anyone heard more about earlier claims of an optional scuff guard for the front lip? how about a dealer option for fire extinguisher ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts