1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From puresports' site:

http://www.puresportscar.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7061#post7061

Wesley Hatakeya said:
There is a bolt on harness bar available in Japan by KMS Racing. I ordered their Titanium harness bar (1.5lbs) and it will be here next week. They also make one in steel (Chro-Mol,2.8lbs). I installed Reverie Carbon racing seats on my Elise and I love it .
Wesley Hatakeya said:
I just got back from my parts buying trip. I will post pics later today. Ti Harness bar from KMS is a big A+. it bolts right onto the upper seat belt bolts. It took me 10 minutes to install it. The Craftsmanship is beautiful. I also bought a pair of Carbon fiber mirrors that are incredibly light. They are designed for Elise. I have to paint a part of this mirror to match my car. therefore, I will post pics of them but not on the car.
There are three manufactures that I found who makes racing seats for Elise. They are bolt on types and I bought one of them and brought back with me. It is made out of Kevlar and I can not believe how nice it is. I chose this company because the other ones did not offer it with a Kevlar, only in Carbon Fiber or Glass fiber. I will install this one on my Green Elise.
I am installing KMS racing 2 stage exhaust system tomorrow as well. I like their exhaust systems very much since I am using their exhausts on my 355 and 360. I took Tubis off and sold them a long time ago. Please send me some of your thoughts after you look at my pics. Thanks. :)
Edit: Can't seem to be able to link this image, just click on the link:

Wesley Hatakeya said:
I finished installing the exhaust system! It is nice. If anyone interested please go to the Elise photo pages at "Elise talk" site. I posted it this morning under KMS Elise. ( Red Elise )
Link to image: http://www.elisetalk.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=295&password=&sort=1&cat=502

I never seen him post here, but oviously he is around.

Nice job Wesley :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Very cool Wes. Love the exhaust and the seats especially.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Whoa! Now that's a good look! Sweeeeeet

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: KMS system

Hi everyone!

Thanks for some great feedbacks on my wife's Elise. We are working with KMS to bring their systems and Titanium harness bar here in the U.S. through Sector111. We will keep you informed. What I can tell you now is that it is a system that has been tested and tryed at the Suzuka. The system has Race mode and street mode selector valve which is controled by switch located at the shifter. By the way my wife's car has a short through shifter already! Please check the mirrors on the photo(3/4 view) as well.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
The seats I was planning to buy.

The CF side mirrors most probably.

The diffuser looks a bit oversized for this small car but I can't argue with CF so I'll buy that also.

Exhaust looks real nice. Probably scoop that up also.

Black rims a must, but I'll probably keep the LSS rims (black hopefully)

How much for all this stuff?

Is this car LSS? What is the weight of the car with all these mods?

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
shay2nak said:
The seats I was planning to buy.

The CF side mirrors most probably.

The diffuser looks a bit oversized for this small car but I can't argue with CF so I'll buy that also.

Exhaust looks real nice. Probably scoop that up also.

Black rims a must, but I'll probably keep the LSS rims (black hopefully)

How much for all this stuff?

Is this car LSS? What is the weight of the car with all these mods?
LOL..Better get that credit card ready..thats gonna cost you a several grand right there

·
Registered
607 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
LOL..Better get that credit card ready..thats gonna cost you a several grand right there
Wow! Is the kevlar seat lighter than the Reverie CF?

Thanks.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
LOL! No doubt. I'm guessing around 4-5 grand. Seats alone are 1200 EACH as is the diffuser, I think.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I've been told the exhaust system alone is "up there" - like around 2500.

Ouch. The sound is probably amazing though.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Does the diffuser do anything like add rear down force, or is it just for looks. Ditto the exhaust, does it improve horsepower or is it just for the sound and looks?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
" Thanks for some great feedbacks on my wife's Elise. We are working with KMS to bring their systems and Titanium harness bar here in the U.S. through Sector111. We will keep you informed. What I can tell you now is that it is a system that has been tested and tryed at the Suzuka. The system has Race mode and street mode selector valve which is controled by switch located at the shifter. By the way my wife's car has a short through shifter already! Please check the mirrors on the photo(3/4 view) as well."

Is it just me or is the above quote ambiguous? What is a "system" that has been tested and has two modes controlled by a selector valve? Is he talking about the harness system? Sorry, I just don't understand. Anyone help explain? Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I think when he says "system" he means exhaust system with a selector switch for race or street mode. Maybe race or street mode controls noise volume and power? I wonder how that is accomplished. Who knows.:shrug:

·
Registered
592 Posts
It may be like a VW R32 that has a valve in the exhaust to go from quiet mode to loud mode (controlled by the ECU). A mod a lot of people do is to put a swith in the system to allow control over the valve - fixed in the loud position, fixed in the quiet position or controlled by the ECU. Makes a pretty big difference (in sound at least).

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
KMS Elise said:
The KMS is a 2 stage system. It comes with an electric switch(mounts on the shifter housing) which actuates the valve control unit located between the sport cat and the muffler. My wife has not yet installed the switch on her car. Therefore, right now it is only going through the sport cat. That is why you see only the one side is discolored. When you turn the switch on you will turn the valve and it will go through the muffler and the exhaust will come out from both sides. The whole system weighs 6 lbs less than the stock stage 2 exhaust with factory cats. And the sound is to die for!!

My Elise is Grit Racing Green and it will have two wide stripes on them!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
huggy bear said:
I think when he says "system" he means exhaust system with a selector switch for race or street mode. Maybe race or street mode controls noise volume and power? I wonder how that is accomplished. Who knows.:shrug:

Thanks for the stab at this one. Perhaps you're correct, but sounds awfully complex for an exhaust system as well as outrageously expensive. Unless, of course, by rubbing it at night, it turns into a beautiful and exotic nymphomaniac. :D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Yes it is a switch for the exhaust and I think it is to bypass the muffler or the cat or both but I am not 100% sure.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
pianomaniac said:
Thanks for the stab at this one. Perhaps you're correct, but sounds awfully complex for an exhaust system as well as outrageously expensive. Unless, of course, by rubbing it at night, it turns into a beautiful and exotic nymphomaniac. :D
in which case I'll take 2 please:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts