The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been blown away by the new F Type. Even seeing them in the flesh, the convertible was just 'meh' to me.

Now, let's look at the 550hp type R Coupe. Christ, this thing is gorgeous! Yes, we all know of the Ian Callum/Aston comparisons with Jags, but when I look at this, I see the best parts of a Vantage and crazy as it sounds, a FRS/BRZ.

That roof glass/sunroof to hatch glass is pure sex. Oh, and the hatch opens left to right (not vertically) - just like the E Type before it.

The exhaust note in the video is the sound of Andrea Boccelli having a chat with God himself! :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Really not to my taste at all. The contrast of hood lines and flat rear quarters doesn't work for me. Maybe I'd like it better in person?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love the looks of this car. Not sure I $100k love it though. Picking one up 2nd hand in a couple years will work though.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i'd much rather have a series 1 E Type. But you have to give them credit for what it is i guess. The kitten's mittens.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Busy arguing with teenagers. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think the car looks beautiful, I saw the convertible version this summer, the car looked beautiful inside and out and the sounded of the V8 sounds almost racecar- like.

$100K is a lot of money for a car but compared to $300,000 Aston Martin which the car basically is, it's not bad at all. I I would love to see Car&driver or road&track do a comparison test with this car and the new Corvette.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I'm sure I'll end up at least test driving one. The convertible did not do it for me either. The sound is awesome no doubt, but my older ears might get tired of it?

A great effort for sure and well worth the $100K+

The other car turning my head right now is a Tesla S with similar coloration, the long black glass top on white.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's the bees knees! Had one mess with me in the Elise last summer and they sound amazing, in person they look pretty good.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
The kitten's mittens.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
The show car's hatch was built to hinge on the side, but the production car has a standard, top hinge. It does look good in pictures. I was told it should be in US dealers by sometime in April.

--Bob Collum

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Jaguars have that "something" that the germans never quite figured out "Yea baby!!!" Hell of a car. BTW that V8 note is same as the XKRS. Unbelievable balls top end!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put a deposit down the other day and I've got the first allocation coming to the NY/CT area. They really did make good on the CX16 styling to production promise...really stunning car. Jaguar is going to be a force in the next few years.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts