The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus International has sent its dealerships so rebate-type money to help clear the lots of NEW Evoras and Evora Ss, primary because the 2014 cars are now 2 years old instead of just ONE year old, and due to the 2016s coming to USA soon. There may be other reasons, as well, but the Lotus money is real. Demonstrator cars are especially reduced by about $18,000 to $21,000 or so, even if they weren't really demonstrators, but just another car from inventory. SHOP, SHOP, SHOP. Look for "bargains".Gatormotorsport in Indy is one place you should shop. There are others who will deal. Don't buy just a car; buy from a dealership who will deal, even if you have to drive to a dealership who is not your closest option. :UK:
CAVEAT: All this is my personal opinion after shopping for weeks and many phone calls all over this country. Your experience may be different.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I Don't need an Evora
I Don't need an Evora
I Don't need an Evora
I Don't need an Evora
I need an Evora
I need an Evora

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
How is this different for the dealer incentives that Lotus have several times a year?

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Sounds like a great deal! HOWEVER, I personally would wait for the 400 to be released.
Meaning once it's out the far better looking S will be cheaper or you actually like the hideousness that is the 400? Save for the huge LOTUS on the dash I do really like the interior upgrades but the Mansory looking Civic bodykit they put on is just awful. Sorry, guess we had enough of this in the 400 thread a while back....

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Meaning once it's out the far better looking S will be cheaper or you actually like the hideousness that is the 400? Save for the huge LOTUS on the dash I do really like the interior upgrades but the Mansory looking Civic bodykit they put on is just awful. Sorry, guess we had enough of this in the 400 thread a while back....
I know. But the 400 is kind of like an odd looking woman. Not beautiful, but there is just something about her that makes you really want her. We have all had that attraction. We can't understand why, but there is that yearning that we just can't understand.

·
3,201 Posts
I know. But the 400 is kind of like an odd looking woman. Not beautiful, but there is just something about her that makes you really want her. We have all had that attraction. We can't understand why, but there is that yearning that we just can't understand.
Yeah, I suppose I can't argue with that. Clarkson on Top Gear quoted someone saying

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
So while Clarkson didn't say that I can't remember who he quoted. I suppose the 400 falls into that category and I bet it'll be fantastic to drive. Plus if you're in it, like the Panamera you don't have to look at it!!!

So you planning on getting one??

-Ross

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Yeah, I suppose I can't argue with that. Clarkson on Top Gear quoted someone saying
So while Clarkson didn't say that I can't remember who he quoted. I suppose the 400 falls into that category and I bet it'll be fantastic to drive. Plus if you're in it, like the Panamera you don't have to look at it!!!

So you planning on getting one??

-Ross

My wife really loves rhe look. Myself, I want to hold off for the convertible.

·
3,201 Posts
My wife really loves rhe look. Myself, I want to hold off for the convertible.
While I can't say that's wrong or a mistake for me the 400 is all about performance so I wouldn't want a convertible screwing up the rigidity and balance. If you want a convertible I'd go for a standard S, of course there isn't a soft top yet is there? Personally if I wanted that I'd skip the 400 since you don't really "need" the extra go just stick with an S.

That all said I think you know I'm a fan of "get and do what you want" as this is your car, your money and your passion. While I don't like lambo doors on an Elige for example if that's what you want and have dreamt about I salute you for doing so. Hell to some degree I think Donks are cool as again I don't care what your car passion is, if you have one and put money, thought or effort into your machine (bikes/planes too) then good for you. I'll think a Lambo door Elise with LCDs in the headrest is far cooler than even say a stock Ferrari, etc. Well maybe that's a stretch but hopefully you get what I mean.

If it makes you happy, it's safe and within your means go for it my friend. Life is too short to not enjoy the things we're passionate about. Hell my boss at work has a $15,000 ultra light carbon race bicycle. To me that's nuts, to him it's everything. Hell he doesn't own a car as that's his transportation everywhere. Good for him!!

-Ross

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
It's the ride!!! It always is. :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought a 2014 Evora S after I saw the 2016 400. Not for the price but I can't stand that front big triple mouth. Yuk. I can tolerate the rear end but the spoiler part that looks like a big pack of chewed gum was stuck under is ugly. Yah yah yah I know its about down force. But down force doesn't have to be ugly.:TD::TD:

I waited for so long for the 400 but when I saw it I figured I better hurry up and buy a 2014 before they are only left on the used market.
:eek:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have no idea what deals are on an Evora but wow the Chrome Orange S they had sitting in front of Lotus of Pittsburgh today was gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Time for Lotus to :thwack: the dealers that don't know how to deal. Secor is still sitting on a few 2011's because they apparently don't understand the concept of depreciating asset. Service is great with Chris and I've steered several people their way. Every time the referred party says the same thing. Asking foolish $$'s for 4 year old vehicles..:scratchhead: A few of you are on this forum.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm saving up to buy next year, I'm hoping the availability of the 400 times well with my purchase window for a current model.

·
Registered
343 Posts
are an 2014 Evora S available with a stick shift. All I ever see are IPS models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone is looking...
Lotus of West Covina has TEN 2014 Evoras in stock with up to $22,000 off Msrp. Plus four 2014 preowned Evoras from $63,995.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
This is what I'm currently telling myself as I'm in the market for a lightly used Evora S.
You don't need an Evora. No one does. But you want it. You really, really want it. >:)

And, that's more than enough of a reason. 0:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts