The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NSX Club of America is sponsoring a 2 day track event, September 15-16, at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington. This is an annual event serving the NSX community, but the club has extra space and is opening the event to non-club members and all marques at all levels.

The cost is $395 for both days. The ground school will be done by Don Kitch of Proformance. Lunch will be provided.

To sign up, please go to the NSXPO webpage and follow the links for registration.

Please pass this along and spread the word.

Looks like there will be tons of track time!

Twin

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, there's a story there, but the purpose of this thread is to see if any Lotus folks want to join in for what is likely to be a very, very lightly attended event...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep, there's a story there, but the purpose of this thread is to see if any Lotus folks want to join in for what is likely to be a very, very lightly attended event...
Hey! And what if you don't have a [email protected]!# J/K man. I'm signed up for the 9/11 event with the Alfa kids. Keeping one eye on the weather though.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, S4Jones. Let me restate my prior post... "the purpose of this thread is to see if any Lotus folks (and non-Lotus owners who have too much time on their hands and, thus, hang out on EliseTalk for no other reason than to pester Evil Twin) want to join in for what is likely to be a very, very lightly attended event..."

;) :wave: ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, S4Jones. Let me restate my prior post... "the purpose of this thread is to see if any Lotus folks (and non-Lotus owners who have too much time on their hands and, thus, hang out on EliseTalk for no other reason than to pester Evil Twin) want to join in for what is likely to be a very, very lightly attended event..."

;) :wave: ;)
Hah. How do you know I don't have custom software that searches certain forums for local track days? I work for the DHS man. I've got access to stuff you would not believe. For instance, I know all about you sister and that tennis player in Houston. So watch it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I almost fell for that until I realized that the odds of my sister hooking up with a tennis player are about zero...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The event is now posted on motorsportreg.com -- click on MotorsportReg.com : Event Details -- and it is permissable to register for only one of the two days.

Twin

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This event is WAAAAY undersubscribed, and it promises to offer virtually open track for both days. So, get off your duffs, Lotus owners, and sign up!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Would this be suitable for a 1st time track experience? I can actually make this one! But if it's not intended for first timers, I don't want to be out there holding up traffic and ruining days for everyone else.

Either way thanks for posting this Evil Twin!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutely. There will be a novice group with instructors -- and I know a lot of them and can vouch for their skills/experience. Come on out!

Twin

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on this event Evil Twin!

It was absolutely awesome. So few cars, so much track time and such great instructors. For my first track day ever, I could feel the improvements during each run, and it was like night and day from The first run of day 1 to the last run of day 2.

Learning and then using heel-toe on the course not only dramatically improved my lap times, it made a world of difference in relaxation and confidence going into the turns. And working on the skid-pad was tons of fun as well. I am now officially hooked!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're most welcome, and I'm glad you were able to come out. Just don't blame the dealer for your new-found crack habit... :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And don't forget to come out to my Lotus of Portland event (for which I run the instruction program) at PIR on Monday, 10/6. Click here for more information.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts