The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Excellent pic Jeff. That Nightfall looks awesome in the sun.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Excellent pic Jeff. That Nightfall looks awesome in the sun.
yeah and it isn't as dark as i thought it would be.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap:

more pics! more pics!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Very very nice color.

I think I'm going crazy about red leather, because nightfall and red interior sound appealing to me. :eek: Nope, not brave enough.

Anyway, congratulations on the new ride to FredG

·
Registered
970 Posts
damn you JS...that NF looks unbelievable!...just when I weeded out Magnetic Blue and accepted Ardent red, now I have to re-evaluate...Nightfall looks much lighter in sunlight...never even considered it cause it looked soo dark in previous pics but after seeing today, I have to seriously reconsider my color choice...also, NF would look so good with black/biscuit or blue interior...Im tempted to do blue interior but I dont have the guts...:( ...guys, could I go wrong with NF blue with biscuit interior???

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Fred,
I hardly realized it was you (and not some "other" Fred). At least now you have one color from the Aston chart eliminated for the AMV8! Apparently nightfall blue is pretty similar to something AM offers on the standard palette.

Cheers,
Justin

·
Registered
963 Posts
Man Jeff, you are almost as short as the Elise. Maybe you should buy one. :D Or are the other two guys just tall? :confused:

Jeff or Fred, got any more photos? :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey, I was the one in the black s2000 that was rolling by when you were taking that. That color looked gorgeous in person. Congrats! I wasn't expecting to see so many of them there (6!!!). I also wasn't expecting to get a test drive! It was amazing! I am more excited about this car then ever. These next few months are going to kill me!

-Eric

·
Registered
963 Posts
XconZ said:
Hey, I was the one in the black s2000 that was rolling by when you were taking that. That color looked gorgeous in person. Congrats! I wasn't expecting to see so many of them there (6!!!). I also wasn't expecting to get a test drive! It was amazing! I am more excited about this car then ever. These next few months are going to kill me!

-Eric
Glad to see you are still wanting the car. I was getting worried about you.

How was the test drive?

·
Registered
282 Posts
tidalwdave said:
Glad to see you are still wanting the car. I was getting worried about you.

How was the test drive?
Sorry, I did so much traveling this summer so I haven't been on much.

The test drive was a blast! I had my dad with me and he said he felt like he was on a roller coaster:D. He loved it just as much as I did. I was surprised how smooth the ride is. It was pretty similar to the s2k even over bumps. Of course I dont even need to tell you how great the performance is. :bow: :up:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
What's that red car behind the pillar?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thanks everyone!

I just got home after picking up the Elise at Dimmit this afternoon. The car is awesome!, the people at Dimmit are awesome! and I'm awesomely tired!
I drove the long way back home to avoid doing 4.5 hours of 90MPH engine brake-in so it took me a long time to get here but it was worth it. I had never seen Nightfall Blue untill this afternoon and I must say I'm very happy I fell into it. It is a great color, in sun light it is a dark deep blue with a hint of purple and at night is almost black but you see the blue in the reflections and it is great and with the biscuit interior it looks even better!. Tomorrow after I get up I'll right some impressions and some things I will likely mod in my Elise, little nitpicking things I found out froim sitting in it for 6 hours straight! I couldn't handle parking it out of my sight so I ended up eating in the car and I only took one pee brake the whole way. As for pictures, I'm going to have to borrow someones camera because mine is in Michigan with my wife and daughter.
Thanks again and tomorrow I'll bore everyone with my recount of what everyone has already said before.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Vantage said:
Fred,
I hardly realized it was you (and not some "other" Fred). At least now you have one color from the Aston chart eliminated for the AMV8! Apparently nightfall blue is pretty similar to something AM offers on the standard palette.

Cheers,
Justin
Vantage, yes its me FredG.
I asked Randy to change my screen name last week after I had a contract to buy the Nightfall Blue Elise an yes I knew that it is an AM color. I do believe NFB would look good with the red interior but the biscuit is a little more understated and more to my liking plus it is what they had available and I wasn't about to argue over it. In the end I trully love the combo and it probably os exactly what I would have picked if I had the chance to check all colors together.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Recount of my experience:

Alright I'm back up and ready to get back to Elisetalk!

Picked up my car yesterday afternoon!
First of all thank you once again to Dimmitt's Clay and Grandpa Jeff! Dimmitt is a top class operation from the cute and friendly receptionist to the sales guys, service manager and even Jeff! One damn nice showroom as well, it made me feel underdressed in the midst of all of that marble, fine carpets, really expensive cars( Rolls, Ferraris, Bentleys) and all of the staff in suits. Hey Jeff and Clay, next time I get up to see you I'd like to take a test drive in the Bentley Continental GT if you'd let me!

Dimmit had at their dealership 6 Elisi, my own NFB/buiscuit :clap: , a Starlight Black/buiscuit, a LRG/buiscuit, a BRP/buiscuit, a SY/black and another SY/black demo car. The first five cars were all customer cars waiting to be delivered. I had never seen these many cars together and it was a treat! I must say that I liked all of the colors and would've been happy with any and all of them but either Starlight or LRG would be very close to very close to top color choices for me, they are simply stunning. Also, people who want the starlight black, go for it, the brownish reflection in sun light is very very light! awesome color!

Next post about nitpicking the car!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
neatpicking on the car!

I'm not going to the the glowing review about driving the car, I've already done that before and it hasn't changed, this is the most awesome machine south of 150K for sure! but dont get me wrong, I love this car and it is the most fun car I've ever had but I'm going to pick on a couple of stupid litlle minor insignificant things that are a nuisance as I see them and that I hope Lotus will fix in the future so you all can have a better car than mine.

First some constructive criticism to Dimmit! Picked up my car and it was detailed, I wish it hadn't been! I was going to ask Jeff not to bother with it but I decided not to. Jeff, please get on those detailing boys case! Nothing serious or terminal but it showed me right away that you got to be carefull not to leave scratches on the paint when waxing and to be careful with the black plastic parts, any smears of wax will show up! Also Jeff, please have them clean and detail inside the engine bay, It makes a huge difference as you look at that engine everytime you open the boot and you are going to open the boot a lot as there is hardly any storage space inside the car. Enough Dimmitt bashing :D

The soft top is great, much better than I expected, very easy and fast to put in and it gives plenty of head room once it is up, it also feels nice and tight when it is installed, a perfect example of great yet simple engineering. kudos to Lotus on that! Also if you are shy it is great because everyone as they go by they look at you but with the top up you can't look back at them because they are sooo high up there! .:D
The biscuit interior is also great, I loved the color, it matches well all dark colors and I'm so happy that it is what I got, It livens up the car a bit. kudos again!

Driving is impossible to not want to rev this baby up! I got on the cams once but overall I kept changing speeds and gears up to the 4500 RPMs recommended, just incredible what this little NA four banger can do!

Driving home the car for the first couple of hours is a lot like in the test drive, it feels nice and the suspension compliant and the seats very confortable, but after 4 to 5 hours you can forget about that! The engine/wind/radio noise with the top on or off doesn't seem loud at first but after 4-5 hours my ears were ringing and I had a touch of headache by the time I got home, sort of like when you leave a disco, same feeling minus the alcohol off course ;) . The suspension also felt harsher as the hours went on and that perfect driving position for the track also gets tiring in the long haul. I wish there was at least one more inch of travel in the seat, it would allow my 6'4" frame to fit better for the long haul. The car is not a GT so no real complaints about any of this, just a warning for those who wish to use the car a lot for long travels.

Now to some real neatpicking! I apologize in advance but 5 plus hours in the cockpit gives you a chance to notice lots of things... The rear view mirror is way too big! you can see the right head rest, your right ear plus a lot above and below the rear window, I'm going to look for a smaller mirror to replace it with, it will give me more viewing angles out the front windscreen without loosing any visibility off the back window. Lotus if you read this, check it out for youself and change it for 2006 if you can.

I'm also going to remove the drivers side sunshade also because it will give me an extra inch of visibility straight in front of me and because I'll never be able to use it, I'll probably save a couple of ounces by changing these two things, I think Chapman would approve! :bow:

The side view mirrors and the door just adjacent to the side mirrors have these black decals covering holes which were probably meant for some type of mechanical mirror adjustment (those of you who have a car know what i'm talking about). I'm all for ditching the mechanical adjustments and doing it by hand in a car this small but please someone find us some plastic or other plugs to cover those holes! If no one ever touched those stickers I bet they'll fall of in 6 months and if I let my 3 year old daughter in my car they'll be gone in 5 minutes so I need some plugs for those! pronto as she is going to be all over this car when she gets home, she is just going to love it and want to drive it up and down or street!

Another thing I didn't like much is that everytime you shut off the car the AC goes off. In FL one never drives with the AC off so I wish there was a way to switch the default setting to ON! I stoped once to pump gas and put the hard top on and drove for a half an hour after that in the heat because I didn't realize the AC was off! The AC also goes off if you turn the fan to 0 and after you turn back on you have to restart the AC again, no big deal really just something different than what I was used to.

The light controls are not bad and I like that the switches for all functions in the car ( AC, Lights, etc ) are all similar switches but, it seems funny to me that you can switch on the low beams and driving lights with one button but to shut them off you need to first shut off the low beam than the running light. It would also be nice to have the lights go off when you lock the car.

I also developed a clunck noise in the drivers seat, it sounds like it comes from the forward aft adjusting mechanism or it is because I'm too heavy, but it makes my noise when I shift around on the seat ( I was doing a lot of that after 5 hours!)

That is it for neatpicking for now, oh, almost forgot to re-emphasive what everyone has already been saying, we need some new L O T U S letters for the rear, those are just too cheesy!

I'll try to take some pictures tonight and welcome any and all comments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts