The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get my fancy Randy Chase NuKey working and I can't get it to sync.

Per the instructions, you press both buttons for 10 secs. Light is on then goes out. Once the light goes out, you press big button for 1 sec and voila!

Unfortunately, I press both buttons and they just stay light - never extinguish and no sync.

Anyone else have this problem with a fob? Any advice?

Help a brotha out!

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Trying to get my fancy Randy Chase NuKey working and I can't get it to sync.

Per the instructions, you press both buttons for 10 secs. Light is on then goes out. Once the light goes out, you press big button for 1 sec and voila!

Unfortunately, I press both buttons and they just stay light - never extinguish and no sync.

Anyone else have this problem with a fob? Any advice?

Help a brotha out!

Try a new CR2032 then follow these accurate instructions (from here http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f320/remote-key-fob-immobilizer-misc-alarm-programming-70940/)

1)Remove battery & wait 10 seconds before re-installing (re-sync can fail if this step is missed)
2) Hold down both buttons (remote fob LED will light) for approx.10 seconds until LED turns off.
3) Release both buttons and LED will turn on constantly.
4) Press large button for one second, LED will flash…re-sync. complete

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try a new CR2032 then follow these accurate instructions (from here http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f320/remote-key-fob-immobilizer-misc-alarm-programming-70940/)

1)Remove battery & wait 10 seconds before re-installing (re-sync can fail if this step is missed)
2) Hold down both buttons (remote fob LED will light) for approx.10 seconds until LED turns off.
3) Release both buttons and LED will turn on constantly.
4) Press large button for one second, LED will flash…re-sync. complete
Yep, I've done that about 427 times. No dice.

The LED never turns off - just stays lit.

Hmmm....

·
Registered
719 Posts
Wish I could help, but I beat the ten second battery replacement limit; mine just worked without a resync. Sorry.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the battery with a new one. Tried it a bunch of times with the old battery and the new one. Still no fix.

Help!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I found it. I put all the innards and battery back in the original key fob and it didn't work. So, I think I have a defective fob. This was my back up one and never used it so that might be the issue.

I'll get a new fob and go from there.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Could be; hope that's the issue. I actually used my backup for the transplant, too, but I did check that it worked before starting the surgery...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I don't want to risk messing with the main key - if I screw that up, my car is a paperweight for the drive!

I'll just order a new FOB and go from there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm having this issue as well. And this is my main fob that was working 2 minutes ago. My backup fob still works, so not going to chance that. Sending a PM.

EDIT: So as per SirLotus' advice, I took the battery our and let it sit for a good 20 minutes and walked off to watch ________(insert favorite show). Came back, put it in, and re-synced without an issue. Thanks again, SL!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
I'm having this issue as well. And this is my main fob that was working 2 minutes ago. My backup fob still works, so not going to chance that. Sending a PM.

EDIT: So as per SirLotus' advice, I took the battery our and let it sit for a good 20 minutes and walked off to watch ________(insert favorite show). Came back, put it in, and re-synced without an issue. Thanks again, SL!
Glad we sorted it.
Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts