The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are only a few LSS cars out there but either I am not hearing correctly or Lotus has made some changes.

If you have an LSS car can you confirm this?? We are trying to figure out if the wrong shocks were installed in the car.

1. The rumor, 5 perches with the car from the factory in the middle so it could be lowered.

FACT: ONLY 2 perches like a normal Koni yellow....and the car is on the lowest from the factory

Thanks

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
(deferring to the first poster on this topic)

Did you disassemble the coilover? The LTS shock bodies have three (3) c-clip grooves on the OD of the shock body. When mounted on the car, the adjusting grooves the c-clips live in are near the top of the springs. (I know you know this, but others may not)

Supposedly the LSS shocks are identical except for the valving. You cannot see all three grooves on my shocks unless you release the spring pressure so that the perch can be moved and the obscured alternate grooves exposed. All three grooves on my shocks were within a total range of 10 mm, that is 5 mm apart from one another. And the middle groove was the one in use with the LTS springs. HTH.

It would have been nice had they come with more adjustment range sorta like this:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
stan,
so you've converted your standard suspension to LSS, right?

in your post, are you saying that the LSS shocks should have a 3 step (possible) adjustment?

3 grooves and it comes set in the middle from the factory (talking about the LSS shocks)?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
elise77 said:
If you have an LSS car can you confirm this?? We are trying to figure out if the wrong shocks were installed in the car.
There should be an A120xxxxx part number printed on the shock (and spring too). Any dealer should be able to look that number up and tell you which one you have..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
178 Posts
elise77 said:
FACT: ONLY 2 perches like a normal Koni yellow....and the car is on the lowest from the factory
From the service manual:

"Standard Elise with three grooves: Use the centre groove for standard mid-laden ride height of 130mm.
Elise with Roadsports suspension package and Exige with two grooves: Use the upper groove for a mid-laden ride height of 130mm."

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
You can see an extra c-clip groove in the LSS front PIC below....but there are certainly not 5 it appears. My LTS car has three. Lotus should put more grooves on the bilsteins so that those who compete would have more setup and fine tuning options. If Lotus doesn't do this, it's no good for SCCA purposes as it has to come from the factory and not the aftermarket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts