The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many 2008's were produced? I remember when I bought my 05 Elise, there were only like 2500 or so.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
lotus claimed that there was a production limit of 300 on the S240 so less than that I would guess... but I am interested to know myself

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
300? wow.. that's low... yeah, any dealers know?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I heard somewhere around 150-200 were brought and sold in the USA. With a handful still sitting on dealer lots.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Kind of a thread revival but is there anyway to confirm this? Really curious about it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hmm, well that sucks. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to answering you. Shoot it's been a month since I bought my car and I still don't have the Certificate of Origin...Seems like they aren't too eager to send valuable information to their customers dealing with a Lotus purchase let alone internal production information. Oh well.

If anyone knows or has evidence of how many were produced it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Hmm, well that sucks. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to answering you. Shoot it's been a month since I bought my car and I still don't have the Certificate of Origin...Seems like they aren't too eager to send valuable information to their customers dealing with a Lotus purchase let alone internal production information. Oh well.

If anyone knows or has evidence of how many were produced it would be much appreciated.
I don't know that the definitive answer is available from any source. Lotus is not known, actually, for keeping a good count of what they produce.

One S240 owner I know (w/Persion Blue also, coincidentally) says he's heard there are only 30 S240's in the country. I don't know his source.

Here, folks have indicated anywhere from 150 to 300.

I've also heard that for the 06 Exiges, there were 250 to 300 in country.
For the 07 Exige S, the number I usually hear is 300 in country.
08 Club Racer is 20 or 30?
08 Exige S (220), have heard of a couple in Canada, but nobody on this board in the US has claimed to have one.

Nobody seems to have good numbers. For the S240, I'd guess more than 30, but not as many as 300.

·
Registered
426 Posts
According to a national registration database through November of 2008 there were 391 2007 Exiges registered in the U.S. and 157 2008 Exiges. I don't have a breakdown of the different Exige models. I also don't have additional data beyond November of last year.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
According to a national registration database through November of 2008 there were 391 2007 Exiges registered in the U.S. and 157 2008 Exiges. I don't have a breakdown of the different Exige models. I also don't have additional data beyond November of last year.
Good info.

If one assumes that there are few, if any 08 220's in the US other than the club racers.

And if you assume the Club Racers in this number offsets the leftover 08 240's on dealer lots, then this number of 157 plus a couple for December...say 160 is about as close a number as you might get, short of hearing from Lotus itself.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Funny, on another forum I was looking at some girl had got one of the 90's style mustangs and was stating how neat and rare it was that "only 3300 were made in this color green in the Bullitt edition that one year" All in the US I'm sure.

It was one of those extremely rare times I remembered that old mothers saying of "If you don't have anything nice to say....." haha. I figured oh well, why rain on her parade.
If I wanted to point to rare I could of used 2008 Candy Red Exige S240's. There is exactly one (1). That's rare.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
If I wanted to point to rare I could of used 2008 Candy Red Exige S240's. There is exactly one (1). That's rare.
And that's one too many...-eek-

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I thought there were 2 of the candy red - one in California and one in Georgia.

Same with Moonstone Silver - only 2. - one in Michigan and one in California.

If I had to bet, I think there are more Persian Blue 08 240 S's than any other color.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I thought there were 2 of the candy red - one in California and one in Georgia.

Same with Moonstone Silver - only 2. - one in Michigan and one in California.

If I had to bet, I think there are more Persian Blue 08 240 S's than any other color.
It's the same car. It's owned by LCU. Was in CA, came to GA. I striped it. It's on LOA dealer lot, but if someone else in the country wants it LCU will buy it back and send it to your dealer. Kudo's to them for helping their dealer networks sell their cars.

I've worked on one Isotope S240. First one I've seen so far. I'm sure there aren't a whole lot of them either.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
And that's one too many...-eek-
Call me crazy, but it's so outrageous that I actually like it a lot. Not to mention when I drove it the S240 compared to my 05 Elise you really would have no idea were even the same car. Everything is remarkably better- handling, braking, power, no squeeks or rattles, comfort, interior looks better, etc.
(and I'm not at all unhappy with those things on my car other than maybe the rattles, you just really notice how much better it is in the newest latest greatest)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
There were significant improvements to the 2008 cars in terms of interior fit and finish. When HRM got the first batch of them, I emailed the factory because I was simply overwhelmed with the increased quality. The upgrades served as a "trial" for the type of work Lotus will be doing in the future with the Evora and next MSC. It makes me think they are ready to really take the market by storm with their new products.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
.........One S240 owner I know (w/Persion Blue also, coincidentally) says he's heard there are only 30 S240's in the country. I don't know his source.........
I can tell you that the first shippment of S240s to the east coast back in late November 2007 numbered more than that. He was mistaken.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Funny, on another forum I was looking at some girl had got one of the 90's style mustangs and was stating how neat and rare it was that "only 3300 were made in this color green in the Bullitt edition that one year" All in the US I'm sure.

It was one of those extremely rare times I remembered that old mothers saying of "If you don't have anything nice to say....." haha. I figured oh well, why rain on her parade.
Different role models: Frank Bullitt or Barbie, take your choice. -poke-

BTW, Highland Green was the classic color on the 2001 and 2008 Bullitts, a little darker than the 2005 Elise green. Nice color.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts