The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Nurburgring experience... (Rent4ring)

6K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  costlydakota 
#1 ·
Just came back from Paris where I took a detour to try out the Ring. I was recommended by a friend to rent a tuned car from Rent4ring and they didn't disappoint. Fredy was super friendly, the cars handled the track wonderfully. Do not under estimate those Stage2 Suzuki Swifts, they are a lot of fun on the track. It was my first time in Nurburgring and what an experience. Totally different than any other tracks I have been to in Canada. Definitely worth your time.

For whatever it's worth, I took a train to Koblenz from Paris. Took a Taxi to a rental car place (Europcar or Avis), rented a car and drove about 100KM to Rent4ring. Fredy had everything ready, did a couple laps + some tourist shopping, drove back and made the last train back to Paris.

P.S. If you are interested, please contact Fredy directly and mention my name. He said he will try to work something out for us.

#2 ·
What was the cost for the day like?

#6 ·
One of my friends just came back from Germany on Monday. He did the Ring with his teenage son. He was on cloud 9 telling me about his 3 amazing laps. I believe he said it was around $500 U.S. for the 3 laps, and a rental (semi modified VW Scirocco).
I was surprised that he didn't need to wear a helmet! Our talk definitely planted a seed. Maybe when the little ones are a bit older:)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#9 ·
Lol. I hear ya! Just emailed my buddy requesting him to forward the limited footage he has on the ring. They wouldn't allow him to use the GoPro he brought along, but his son took out his phone when they got to the carousel and shot a couple of seconds of video. I'll post when I get the video.

#11 ·
I did the Swift Stage 2 last November.
Passed a ducati, 2 R8s a GT3 and a regulare 911. (but also got passed and the rain and damp made the track challenging).

It was a hundred plus Euro for the from memory (they changed the seat and I took out the RHD version)

I did 8 laps on an 8 pack ticket book so I think that was ~100 Euros.

Then fuel and snacks.

Fredy and the rest at R4R are good.
The Swift stage 2 is nice and deductible is reasonable if it all goes bad.

IMO "Hotel Am Teirgarten" is the place to stay. Sabine's sister generally runs it.

Maybe it was 3-4 hundred US.

#12 ·

The price for 2 laps in a Stage 2 Swift was 200 euro including entrance fee. As seen in one of those pics, Fredy will give a debriefing about what to look out for where to go and all that fun stuff. There were a couple Artega available, they are 750 euro for 4 laps. I do not have the skills or experience on that track to be driving that, so I opted for the Swift which didn't disappoint.

All in all, it was an AMAZING experience and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Tons of beautiful cars. Wish I had more time just to watch the track at some corners. Most people just parked their cars on the street and walked to the corner behind the fence on certain turns.

Lotus Content:

3 458 following this Evora coming out.

#13 ·
Thanks for the pics. Why is their All-Inclusive price so much higher than Basic? Besides entrance fee and gas what else do they include? I have a 12 yr old son, do you think he can ride with me?

#14 ·
I think it's the insurance, email fredy if you want to me sure. My wife came with me and she lasted 2 laps which is the reason why I only did 2. Initially, I paid for 4. Fredy was nice enough to give the difference back to me at the end. Kids will probably just think it's a roller coaster ride so they should be fine. Their tolerance is much higher than us. You can always stop after a lap and drop him off somewhere.

#20 ·
O.K., not the Nurburgring, but rather my first time on the track with the Elise. Was a rainy day at NHMS and coming from a very predictable Miata, I was petrified about the possibility of lift throttle oversteer. Video was taken by friend in his 64 Vette and his grandson in the stands. I am posting this to see if I've followed the advice Ross gave me. Not trying to hijack the thread. If this works I'll post ring video, when it's posted to YouTube. A lot to do about nothing, I guess:)

#22 ·
O.K., not the Nurburgring, but rather my first time on the track with the Elise. Was a rainy day at NHMS and coming from a very predictable Miata, I was petrified about the possibility of lift throttle oversteer. Video was taken by friend in his 64 Vette and his grandson in the stands. I am posting this to see if I've followed the advice Ross gave me. Not trying to hijack the thread. If this works I'll post ring video, when it's posted to YouTube. A lot to do about nothing, I guess:)
Track Day 5-4-12 (Dr. Chris) - YouTube

Nice video :up:

#25 ·
So that's about $260. Did that include insurance and laps, and if so, how many? Seems like a great deal. I need to put that on my bucket list once my kids are of driving age, so 11 more years;-)

#28 ·
Just got back from my trip over there. Was at the ring a week and a half ago. Of course it rained all day, but got to run 4 laps and then spectate at a couple of the corners. Awesome track, can't wait to go back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.