The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty exciting qualifying in the wet and dry...lots of spins.
Knockdown after knockdown in qualifying.
Good for Webber....he sounded pretty emotional getting pole.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
On fuel corrected times the Red Bulls have absolutely crushed the Brawns. Now the question is if Ross Brawns strategy combined with changeable weather can help Button get ahead.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
what time is the race on? I don't see it on the Speed schedule

·
Registered
2,187 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...wow!..very exciting first half, kind of an anticlimactic finish, but on the whole a dramatic turnaround from the early season - nice to see things mixed up a bit...brawn's really going to be on the defensive henceforth...

·
Registered
381 Posts
RED BULL BABY!!!
sorry couldn't resist! :D

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...strategy made this race for red bull, and fumbled it for brawn, both - no denying that mark webber drove brilliantly, but his penalty would have killed red bull's finishes without the strategic coups on both teams...

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Yea for Mark. His first career first place finish in like 130+ races I believe they said... I'd be a little emotional too:eek: Very cool...

TP

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Yea for Mark. His first career first place finish in like 130+ races I believe they said... I'd be a little emotional too:eek: Very cool...

TP
8 years of F1! Loved hearing his enthusiasm over the pit radio as he crossed the line - he clearly wasn't counting his chickens until that moment!! :bow::bow:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...mark absolutely earned his win in spades, and i can't imagine a more deserving guy, but we were really rooting for barrichello to finally take the top podium, gnawing our fingers to the bone as he sat hung up in the pack for lap after lap following his first pit stop - then his botched refuel had us completely sold that he'd switched to a two-stop strategy!..ugh, nothing quite works out for rubens as it should...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rubens Had No Prayer of winning that race

As Ross Brawn pointed out, if you are half-a-second per lap slower, and only the 11th fastest lap period, NO chance.

Rubens was deluding himself with this one, and his post-race reaction was comical. So what if he was in first place into turn 1.

The fact that Webber served a drive-through penalty and still won the race showed his speed that day.

When Rubens played second-fiddle to MS years ago, he had plenty of reason to whine, esp. after giving up the win in Austria one year. But at Brawn, he's got free reign to win, IF HE CAN.

But in 2009, Jenson has beaten Rubens everywhere, straight up, except in Britain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts