The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everybody, I'm Oliver from Germany and I'm new in this forum. So I thought it might be good to introduce myself to you. I don't own a Lotus but it is my job to train people driving their sports cars fast and safe on the Nurburgring and other race tracks out here in Europe.

I know the legendary old Nurburgring is well known all over the world and it is probably the most facinating track in the world. Definitly the longest and most difficult track. I would like to give you a video clip of a fast lap in a Lotus Exige S on Nurburgring to watch at:

http://www.race-training.com/videos/nordschleife1.wmv

If you come over to Germany one time and you would like to experiance that track, just contact me. I have about 4000 laps track experiance there.

Oliver

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Please say hello to Sabine for us!

xtn

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Wow, you passed a motorcycle!
He's the instructor in the car, but ya, pretty amazing run!

Oliver, you have an unbelievable knowledge of Nurburgring...you seem to know every single inch!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Welcome Oliver and thank you for the video. I hope I can drive the ring next time I do an European delivery. I've saved the video so I can view it for preparation for the real thing if I do get the chance. That and playing GT4 :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nurburgring

M3 GTR nurburgring

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=14885346-e7b6-40fc-9b61-98c800d4522b" width="428" height="352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M3-GTR-nurburgring_97464.htm">M3 GTR nurburgring</a>

Do you know this guy?

·
Registered
657 Posts
My 40th Bday is coming next year...I asked my wife to treat me to the Nurburgring. I will contact you for sure.

That was some driving. Did I see a BMW CSL?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wow, that is spectacular. Can you tell us more about the Nurburgring training program? How much does it cost to enroll in the program, and what is the process to go about doing so should any of us be lucky enough to make it over to Germany with our cars and do this.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Hey Oliver,

great Video! Seems like something I want to do in the future since I will be moving back to Germany next year. Unfortunately I've only had a chance to drive the Nordschleife once so far in my life, and that was in the passenger seat...:shrug:
Would you have any further information about how track days work in Germany?
From what I remember they let anyone with a car drive a lap on the Nordschleife for a few bucks - without any tech inspection or any safty check...
Would you happen to have any info on some clubs that do better organized track days?
It looks like I will be focusing on the Hockenheim Ring more since I grew up only 20 minutes from there, but the Nuerburgring is certainly worth a trip.
Any info would be greatly appreciated...
Feel free to PM me with any information you have!

Steve

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Hey Oliver,

great Video! Seems like something I want to do in the future since I will be moving back to Germany next year. Unfortunately I've only had a chance to drive the Nordschleife once so far in my life, and that was in the passenger seat...:shrug:
Would you have any further information about how track days work in Germany?
From what I remember they let anyone with a car drive a lap on the Nordschleife for a few bucks - without any tech inspection or any safty check...

Steve
Steve, you might want to see the website of the Nürburgring (Nürburgring  -  Touristenfahrten) for details. There is an English version as well but I think you're German speaking. There is no technical inspection of the car you're going with, except for it has to be street legal and not too loud (< 95 dB). The minimum is 21 Euro per lap :(, but there are quantity discounts :).

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Your English is impeccable. Have you lived outside Germany?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's the instructor in the car, but ya, pretty amazing run!

Oliver, you have an unbelievable knowledge of Nurburgring...you seem to know every single inch!
Well I have about 4000 laps track experiance and I know it very well indeed. There are so may questions in this thread for me I cant answer them all. Learning the track by playing GT4 or other video games will not be a substitute to personal training. There are so many changes in asphalt with different grip niveau so many blind crests and so many really dangerous parts in the track that personal training is necessary. You learn it definitly much quicker if you have an experianced track instructor sitting next to you.

Even if you can not bring over you own car to Germany we have a partner (| Rent Racecar.de | Mieten Sie sich einen Rennwagen - Renntaxi für die Nordschleife am Nürburgring) where you can rent a racecar and book me additionally (sportscar driver training on international racing circuits) for the training. But you neet to plan early ahead. The cars of our partner are usually fully booked for min. 2 month ahead.

Best regards
Oliver ;-)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts