The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a few pics - the same car as at HRM, which is the same car as in LA......

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wheel/reflector close-up

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one more... I have to say in the setting of the Javits Center, the car looked even smaller, and the yellow looked a little more orange in the different lighting compared to when I saw it at HRM

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Wow, is that a kid in a shirt, tie and suit? Or just a short salesman? :p Impressive looking kid! He needs to visit The Donald and apply for "The Apprentice 2"

Bob

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
elise's neighbor - for the COM folks....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rtking said:
Wow, is that a kid in a shirt, tie and suit? Or just a short salesman? :p Impressive looking kid! He needs to visit The Donald and apply for "The Apprentice 2"

Bob
He was there to demonstrate the emergency trunk escape pull latch:D

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
rtking said:
I'm guessing he's just a short salesman they brought to the show to make the car look bigger. ;)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes he showed how easy it was to get in and out...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just got back from the NY show. Did anyone take notice how many manufacturers were displaying cars in Metallic Orange? Seems to be the new "color du jour".

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
definitely one of the more popular colors.( I am driving a sunset orange Element myself) I thought the mini cooper conv looked great in that color...I don't think I would want my kids in the back seat of that car though - not much car between the back seat and back of the car...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ringmeister said:
Just got back from the NY show. Did anyone take notice how many manufacturers were displaying cars in Metallic Orange? Seems to be the new "color du jour".
yet one more metallic orange car I didn't post - the Maserati Cambiocorsa

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
icyjaws

did you guys actually get to sit in the elise? It looks like its behind ropes, but there is someone sitting in it in the pick? Want to go sunday and sit in it :)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is behind ropes but the guy from Manhattan Motorcars invited me in - I had already sat in it at HRM the week before though...On Sunday you also have this which I posted in another thread:

I got this e-mail from Mark Starr at HRM and thought I would share it:

Just a quick reminder that Hunting Ridge Motorsports will be at the New York Auto Show this coming Sunday the 18th on the inner roadway under a tent with LEO ( Lotus Enthusiasts Organization ). There will be approx. 25 Lotus cars on display including a US spec Elise in Ardent Red. Please come join us. We are looking forward to seeing you then. The weather for Sunday looks good so keep your fingers crossed……….

1 - 20 of 23 Posts