The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Craigs List find...I have no affiliation...caveat emptor...yadda yadda yadda...

2006 Lotus Elise!!

'06 Lotus Elise, British racing green with racing stripes. Power windows, locks, traction control, after market exhaust...Otherwise completely stock.
Very clean car with only 13,000 miles. Clean title. Total attention grabber when seen in streets. The color is very hard to find and is original to the car which makes it extra special.
$26,500.00 or best offer.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I saw that one on ebay also. I am pretty sure its been in an accident. Notice the lack of a rear diffuser...

That car has my dream color combo going on.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that one on ebay also. I am pretty sure its been in an accident. Notice the lack of a rear diffuser...

That car has my dream color combo going on.

Good call.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I would suspect it had been hit also. Notice the stripes do not continue onto the rear clam from the engine cover......

·
Registered
593 Posts
Have it looked at by a pro Lotus mechanic and a good body shop guru. They could tell you whether the replacement rear end was done well and if there is some other things underneath the shell is hiding. If it all pans out it may be worth grabbing.

Or...

Avoid it like the plague and find another.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Here's the ebay listing. It does say accident.

Lotus : Exige Base Coupe 2-Door in Lotus | eBay Motors

Note this gem:

07/25/2009

PACIFIC SW REGION

Auto Auction

AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS UNIBODY DAMAGE

Acccident was in CA. Could it be this car:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2006-lotus-elise-sale-80923/

Don't know if its the same car? Seems to be 3 years missing on carfax report (2006- 2009)?
If it is the same car then it has 2 damage history's, the front seems to have been replaced also.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I keep seeing tons of elises selling for $24k-$27k with rebuilt/salvaged titles... What the hell is going on?? Do they see the retarded dealers listing for $34k and go, cool I could get at least $26,000!!!

There is a reason those dealer cars have been up for 6+ months lmao..

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Interesting to see where it goes with no reserve?
Must have grown a back window if hes calling it an Exige...:shrug: ???

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I am almost positive that most of the people bidding, do not have a clue what has been done to this car... Sad really...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I sent an email as soon as the ad went up, also questioning the lack of diffuser, discontinuity of the stripe etc. and never heard back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts