The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Ridgeman is guarding Brooklyn but I
need my Elise if I'm going to be expected
to 'keep lookout' for terrorists coming in by sea this summer. Everyone wants to
feel protected but it ain't happening unless I'm in my Elise this summer! P.S. -
Everyone knows the terrorists would never come via California's shores, there's no economy to shatter there.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I hope to be in NJ as from the end of February :) Around the Kearny area I should think. Maybe with my UK Elise? mmm, a big 'maybe' though
Well how's my my new best friend doing? LOL. Need a hand with that UK Elise? :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
:D yeah I do need a hand as it goes, a hand working out if its worth it!! Like whether I HAVE to ship it back after a year (as I doubt I will be able to register it) and insurance.

The guys in the UK seem to think its a lot of hassle and may not be worth it :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
From NYC here. Got my deposit at Princeton Lotus. Anyone have any experience or second-hand knowledge of this dealership?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
jwocky said:
From NYC here. Got my deposit at Princeton Lotus. Anyone have any experience or second-hand knowledge of this dealership?
I have dealt with them on the Elise as well. So far they have been exceptional. I really liked the way Princeton treated me and called me in to take a ride in the 111S. They seem to really enjoy the Lotus product.

Any reason you didn't go with Manhattan Motor Cars being your from NYC? They had a much smaller list then Princeton? I ended going with Manhattan Motor because of this (No. 8) but don't really know them much. I'm just hoping they stick to the deal as originally promised.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No compelling reason really. I e-mailed Manhattan Motors and they never e-mailed back, so I didn't bother calling them. Also, I thought it'd be fun to pick the car up in the suburbs and drive it home. Lastly, I actually want to be in the 70's on a list. My ideal timing will be to take delivery of the car mid next year, so the waiting list position works out for me at Princeton.

I'm curious, when did you place your deposit with Manahattan Motors?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Last Spring, there list was 30+ shy of Princetons list. Then again I wouldn't want to drive an Elise in NYC anyway. Perhaps thats why the list was so short. It would be scary and really hard on the car. Im gonna be scared to just drive it off the property and get it home from there. Another reason for the longer Princeton list is because for a long while it was only $100.00 for a deposit, (Manhattan was $1000.00) Anyhow Princeton would be a gorgeous drive with great back roads and scenery. Thats where I had my test drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's what I remember from my impressions of Princeton as well. They said they should have a new Elise to test drive in June sometime - can't wait!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Work in NYC, live in Westchester, weekend place in CT..., can't wait for the NY auto show.....

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I know there is a separate thread regarding insurance quotes, but has anyone in the NY, NJ, CT area gotten insurance quuote yet???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts