The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone from NY State recommend a good shop to get my Elise inspected? I bought the car new ('07 with model with 15 miles on it, that was in the show room for 2 years) in NJ & the dealer told me that they are unable to slap on a NY new car sticker. Edit: I guess it would help to say I am in Orange county.

Thanks...

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm not in your area but I got the local Toyota dealership to agree to do my inspection last year. I think once they saw it, everyone got quite interested as there was a crowd forming once i pulled it in the garage. They wanted to put it on the lift, but I asked them not to because the undertraywas still on and I explained it had to come off to lift it properly. They said "OK, no problem." That being said, I know certain portions of the inspection were blessed off.

I have a local, reputable exotic car repair shop lined up for this year.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Can anyone from NY State recommend a good shop to get my Elise inspected? I bought the car new ('07 with model with 15 miles on it, that was in the show room for 2 years) in NJ & the dealer told me that they are unable to slap on a NY new car sticker. Edit: I guess it would help to say I am in Orange county.

Thanks...
Welcome to the neighborhood. I am a bit north of you. Take your manual, and this picture Z-Car Wiki : Lotus Elise - QBalled into whomever you get to inspect it. I have been taking it to a place on RT 9 because it is convenient, so now I have some dents in the undertray.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch, that pic. is nasty. What makes it worse is that's the color of my car too...hahah. I hope that there is no need to lift it for inspection. I will take the owner's manual for the jack points & print out the picture to for reference... I just wish there was a place I could trust up by us.

Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used to live in NY and took mine to a Jiffy Lube for the inspection. They didn't even try to get it on their lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts