The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Although Lotus to my knowledge will not have an official presence as in LA, the elise will be there. My dealer (HuntingRidgeMotorsports) told me they anticipate having a car there, and other dealers may as well....:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was at Aston Martin of New England today dropping off my deposit and they said it will be there. Also indicated that they may be getting one of the show cars in the Boston showroom for a few days soon after NY.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Elise was at the NY auto show last year, so by all means I would hope it will definitely be there this year.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
The word Iv'e heard is they intend on having a Federal Elise for the show. At least that is what they are trying to accomplish, at Manhattan Motors (they run the Lotus Show there).

·
Registered
169 Posts
It was actually out in the lobby, not inside the show. It was next to the Lamborghini, Saleen, and Panoz.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
The elise was actually at the NY show the past 2 years. It has been in the crystal palace, outside the main exhibit all. According to the floorplan on the offical auto show website, that is where it will be again. AS far as I know, it is dealer-sponsored, not Lotus sponsored - I think the space rental is more reasonable outside the main exhibit hall - but hey - you don't even need show tickets to see it....I'm hoping to get off work to go to the dealer preview Friday morning, but don't know that I can - may have to call in sick....:)

http://www.autoshowny.com/

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ivan1 said:
The elise was actually at the NY show the past 2 years. It has been in the crystal palace, outside the main exhibit all. According to the floorplan on the offical auto show website, that is where it will be again. AS far as I know, it is dealer-sponsored, not Lotus sponsored - I think the space rental is more reasonable outside the main exhibit hall - but hey - you don't even need show tickets to see it....I'm hoping to get off work to go to the dealer preview Friday morning, but don't know that I can - may have to call in sick....:)

http://www.autoshowny.com/
Ivan,

Where is the crystal palace?. I can't believe I missed it last year, Bummer:(

Mitch

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I also found this under calendar of events on the auto show website:

April 18, 2004
All Day
Inner Roadway

New York / New Jersey Lotus Enthusiasts

The New York / New Jersey Lotus Enthusiasts Organizarion will be displaying the best of Lotus cars including the soon to be available Elise.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
NY Auto show press release:

http://www.theautochannel.com/F/news/2004/03/29/186879.html

Lotus Elise -- As the first all-new Lotus in the U.S. in nearly 15-years, the two-seat convertible Elise is a tour de force of engineering and design. Powered by a 1.8-liter four-cylinder 16-valve engine, the Elise is built on a revolutionary chassis constructed with aluminum alloy extrusions and aerospace bonding techniques, the first of its kind in the world.

aerospace bonding - is that what they call epoxy these days?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Ivan,

Thanks for that. I'm probably going to go one of the week nights.

Mitch
you should check at regular U.S. car dealers, all makes, and see if they have any discount tickets. The couple of bucks you save can pay for a small botle of water.......maybe!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm not waiting, I am going to try to hit the NY auto show Friday night for the "sneak" public preview. I wonder if they will let me sit in it.....

-Jeff

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I am going to try to go to the dealer preview over lunchtime Friday...Otherwise I am going Friday after work to the public "sneak preview" which is really just a regular public showing and is usually pretty crowded:(

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Just got back from the dealer preview at the auto show- only got to spend an hour there over lunchtime, before the massive crowd was let in. Manhattan Motors has a yellow elise - the same one that was at HRM. It is in the roped off exotic section in the Crystal Pavilion, just inside the 11 ave entrance - same location they had one last year. You don't even need a ticket to the show to see it. I took a few pics and will post when I get home, but they probably won't add much to the HRM photos already posted.... Unfortunately even though it was dealer preview inside, the area where the elise was is in the public section and thus the massive crowds waiting to get in at 1:00 were lined up there...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I got this e-mail from Mark Starr at HRM and thought I would share it:

Just a quick reminder that Hunting Ridge Motorsports will be at the New York Auto Show this coming Sunday the 18th on the inner roadway under a tent with LEO ( Lotus Enthusiasts Organization ). There will be approx. 25 Lotus cars on display including a US spec Elise in Ardent Red. Please come join us. We are looking forward to seeing you then. The weather for Sunday looks good so keep your fingers crossed……….

1 - 19 of 19 Posts