The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to NYC in mid March and have several Lotus guys that want to meet up. I'm thinking we can meet up for a Happy Hr and talk cars? Anyone on the forum interested?

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,427 Posts
Shinoo...

You picked the right weekend to come to the area.

The PALS Planning Party happens March 14 in Pennsylvania. PM Lotus69F2 (Kyle) if you want to meet.

THEN

A group of Lotus guys (from the local club L.E.O. ) are meeting at Captree State Park on Long Island, Sunday morning, March 15, HERE:

Lotus Enthusiast's Organization

Welcome to the Norheast!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
As Atwell suggested, PALS is having a Winter Planning Meeting on March 14. It is several hours away from NYC, but I am located just off I78 which goes directly to Manhattan, so it would be a direct and easy commute to get there.

You can see more about it at the following post:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f11...s-society-pals-winter-planning-meeting-68703/

The LEO guys are a nice bunch as well, and their event may be more convenient for you.

Of course, since they are on different days you could overdose and do both!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I live in NYC
getting together w/some guys sounds like a plan!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Friday the 13th for Happy Hr at a fellow Lotus Elise owner's studio. Jack D. was kind enough to offer a place for us to meet. We'll have some pizza and soda.

Lois Greenfield STUDIO
18 WEST 21ST. STREET ( BETWEEN 5TH.& 6TH. AVE. (S)
5:30pm - ?

Come out and hang out - it'll be pretty casual and low key. :nanner:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The PALS Planning Party happens March 14 in Pennsylvania. PM Lotus69F2 (Kyle) if you want to meet.

THEN

A group of Lotus guys (from the local club L.E.O. ) are meeting at Captree State Park on Long Island, Sunday morning, March 15, HERE:
Thx for the offers and ideas. I have plans on Saturday now and I depart for home on Sunday.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I, too, live in NYC (Queens) but 5:30 on a Friday? Have you ever heard of "rush hour?" Traffic in Manhattan moves at about 1 m.p.h. (if you're lucky). On a Friday, you've also got the people headed for the Hamptons and other weekend destinations.

How about Saturday, March 14?

Dan

·
Supporting Vendor
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I, too, live in NYC (Queens) but 5:30 on a Friday? Have you ever heard of "rush hour?" Traffic in Manhattan moves at about 1 m.p.h. (if you're lucky). On a Friday, you've also got the people headed for the Hamptons and other weekend destinations.

How about Saturday, March 14?

Dan
Yeah, I agree but we'll be there till much later. Come on by when you can.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yeah, I agree but we'll be there till much later. Come on by when you can.
Even so, what about parking? Has Jack D. made arrangements? Can you identify nearby parking garages? In other words, what do we do with our Lotus cars?

I could combine this with shopping - one of the camera shops I use is on E.26 St. Ordinarily, I would take the subway but that defeats the whole point of a Lotus owners gathering.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Even so, what about parking? Has Jack D. made arrangements? Can you identify nearby parking garages? In other words, what do we do with our Lotus cars?

I could combine this with shopping - one of the camera shops I use is on E.26 St. Ordinarily, I would take the subway but that defeats the whole point of a Lotus owners gathering.
as far as i know there will be no driving around so no panic. At least I don't plan to bring the Lotus.
Also you s/b able to figure out where you can park your car....no need for shinoo to hold your hand.

·
Registered
443 Posts
as far as i know there will be no driving around so no panic. At least I don't plan to bring the Lotus.
Also you s/b able to figure out where you can park your car....no need for shinoo to hold your hand.
I see: cars optional. That changes the whole picture.

There are some parts of Manhattan that don't have garages nor street parking. I seem to recall that this area is one of them.

Ok, I'll figure something out.

Anyway, count me in.

·
Registered
740 Posts
chips, i forgot i need to be in westport fri aft/evening, so no NYC meeting for me...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts