The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drudge is reporting that Obama will pick Evan Bayh (who?!) for his VP.

:wallbang:

Apparently, a bumper sticker factory has been ordered to print the Obama/Bayh 08 stickers and word leaked out.

This would be the WORST possible choice for Obama. Bayh is a milquetoast Senator from Indiana that nobody knows.

I hope it's just a diversion ploy.

:mad:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was thinking he would convince Hillary to team up with him. Also thought he should consider Ron Paul to get the moderate republicans who are not really sure about either candidate. They would have been a good team. If this is true, all we can do is go learn about the guy. I had never heard of Obama before he started this campaign.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I think the bumper sticker is intended to read "Bye, Obama"

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I was thinking he would convince Hillary to team up with him. Also thought he should consider Ron Paul to get the moderate republicans who are not really sure about either candidate. They would have been a good team. If this is true, all we can do is go learn about the guy. I had never heard of Obama before he started this campaign.
Not sure if Ron Paul would accept that...

I spoke briefly to the good doctor about Obama and he wasn't too keen on his policy.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not sure if Ron Paul would accept that...

I spoke briefly to the good doctor about Obama and he wasn't too keen on his policy.
Well hey i mean lets just wrap up the election now, a doctor was not keen on his policy? JK. But seriously if he was a good doctor he probably is wealthy and the wealthy tend to support the Republicans. Were you refering to his health policy cos that would be more relevant i think.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well hey i mean lets just wrap up the election now, a doctor was not keen on his policy? JK. But seriously if he was a good doctor he probably is wealthy and the wealthy tend to support the Republicans. Were you refering to his health policy cos that would be more relevant i think.
Paul and Obama are pretty opposite each other. Paul is a millionaire, sure, but did a LOT of work pro bono or at a reduced rate for patients that could not afford it as he refused to accept medicare. (which shows how he stands on universal healthcare)

Aside from just health care, Paul is far more conservative in his stance on foreign policy (although Obama and Paul are closer on this than Paul is with McCain) and when it comes to government, Paul wants to drastically reduce the size (over time) whereas Obama wants to increase it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ez5robAWmu4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ez5robAWmu4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I had never heard of Obama before he started this campaign.
I understand he had 143 days in attendance as a senator before running for president.
maybe we hadnt heard of him because he has no experience and hasnt done anything.
wait, I heard he wanted to prosecute a gun owner for shooting an intruder in his(the gun owners) own house after the intruder returned for a second night in a row.
why dont we discuss obamas idea called the global poverty act..........
someone tell how this is good for the USA(the people who are voting for him, and who he represents), and why the media doesnt cover this topic?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Paul and Obama are pretty opposite each other...
I think it's good to have a well balanced administration who can work together with different points of view instead of having a pat-me-on-the-back blow fest for 4 to 8 years. Abraham Lincoln chose some people with different points of view to have such balance.

Because the alternative is kind of what we have now where nobody will ever call bu11sh1t on anything.

To not agree and therefore, not participate rather than partner up to have some kind of influence makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I understand he had 143 days in attendance as a senator before running for president.
maybe we hadnt heard of him because he has no experience and hasnt done anything.
wait, I heard he wanted to prosecute a gun owner for shooting an intruder in his(the gun owners) own house after the intruder returned for a second night in a row.
someone tell how this is good for the USA(the people who are voting for him, and who he represents), and why the media doesnt cover this topic?
“I don’t think Americans are concerned if we’re there (Iraq) for 100 years, or a 1,000 years, or 10,000 years” - John McCain

That's all I needed to hear.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Bayh is nothing more than another pro-war, pro destruction of the constitution, elitist neocon scumbag. What makes him more dangerous is that he is - just like Obama himself - a wolf in sheep’s clothing, camouflaging himself amidst the mindless rhetoric of “change” while in reality representing nothing more than the status quo.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
It's apparently Biden. He's an ass. I'll be happy to vote against him and Obama (not that it will matter in Maryland).

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I used to supervise events back in 2004 where Obama was a keynote speaker - and he drew a bigger crowd than Kerry, whom he was speaking for in the first place.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Bayh is nothing more than another pro-war, pro destruction of the constitution, elitist neocon scumbag. What makes him more dangerous is that he is - just like Obama himself - a wolf in sheep’s clothing, camouflaging himself amidst the mindless rhetoric of “change” while in reality representing nothing more than the status quo.
Umm....well, one can't exactly be an Obama supporter AND be a believer in the constitution. Those two views are mutally exclusive.

Listen to his speech in Germany. That should dispel any notion that Obama is even remotely interested in constitutional governance.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It's apparently Biden. He's an ass. I'll be happy to vote against him and Obama (not that it will matter in Maryland).
Biden actually isn't an ass - he's actually a pretty unbiased person. Do I agree with his policies? For the most part, no, but he's not the blanket statement you make him out to be.

Note: Since I've commented twice in this thread - I feel obligated to note that I am an independent and used to work for these individuals when I lived in DC since I was non-partisan - so I have a lot more insight into their personalities than you all and the media do...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I am an independent and used to work for these individuals when I lived in DC since I was non-partisan - so I have a lot more insight into their personalities than you all and the media do...
Okay. Since you know best, you can just tell me who to vote for. :rolleyes:

I interned for the NRCC years ago. There are a lot of asses on that side too, but Biden is super smug and I really dislike his hair plugs! :D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Okay. Since you know best, you can just tell me who to vote for. :rolleyes:
OK, I will - don't vote for the person you dislike the least - and if needed, empower the third party candidate you believe in. That's how our democratic system was originally designed. Unfortunately, our current electoral process has brainwashed and monopolized the system to stovepipe your vote otherwise...

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
“I don’t think Americans are concerned if we’re there (Iraq) for 100 years, or a 1,000 years, or 10,000 years” - John McCain

That's all I needed to hear.

Right. We've been in Germany for 65 years now and it's on the forefront of everybody's minds. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIXSqpFNf50&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIXSqpFNf50&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 - 20 of 86 Posts