1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
201 Posts
no VIN? That's a weird code did you flash your ECU recently?

As a side note, I bought a little bluetooth dongle and haven't used my code reader since (I don't even know where it is anymore). It hooks up nicely to my phone using an app called Torque. It's also nice to see the status of your car in real time. It was cheap off ebay for 20 bucks, cheap construction but it hasn't broken on me yet

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Here's the reader and smartphone app to buy. $35 total investment. I live 4 hours from either Chicago or Minneapolis, my nearest service centers, so this is a real value. Works great with detailed real-time information, code reading, and code resetting ability:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no VIN? That's a weird code did you flash your ECU recently?

As a side note, I bought a little bluetooth dongle and haven't used my code reader since (I don't even know where it is anymore). It hooks up nicely to my phone using an app called Torque. It's also nice to see the status of your car in real time. It was cheap off ebay for 20 bucks, cheap construction but it hasn't broken on me yet
Had it flashed earlier this year when I did the oil cooler recall, so I assume the OBD port was working then. No probs since then. I probably will buy a code reader, but don't no what to do if I get one and still cant read the codes.

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,811 Posts
Agreed. Torque plus a bluetooth OBD reader is money well spent. And you'll impress your less savvy friends and looks like a crazy car computer hacker when you bust it out to help them reset their codes. :)

I had my wife reset a code the other day while we were on the freeway (code was a "slow O2 sensor response"). Probably not wise from a safety perspective since my tach and speedo both went to zero during the reset process and then popped right back to where they were.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.