The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I've had many threads on this and still no luck. Obd cave be read and I cany pass emissions. Computers cannot read it. I tested all pins and they work fine. Fuses are fine too...

Any advice? I have the lotus sport ecu.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but when I went to buy an obd2 reader it took me quite some time to find one that would read the car. It may not be a problem with the ecu, but with the reader. Most I've found will not read the car. I doubt the dmv will let you bring in your own reader however.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's weird. I've tried three places but all the same software. My personal cheap one doesn't work either. The previous owner always had it pass in California.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The best result so far is it reading the year and battery voltage

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Three places, same software..........

Maybe some other owners in NM will chime in but that may be your culprit.

I would E-mail Lotus Sport and ask about compatibility issue they may have had in the past.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Three places, same software..........

Maybe some other owners in NM will chime in but that may be your culprit.

I would E-mail Lotus Sport and ask about compatibility issue they may have had in the past.
this is a dumb question, but what is the email to lotus sport? Is it just the standard lotus site or is there a special link or whatever

·
Registered
138 Posts
Something is up here. My 07 Exige with stock ECU isnt getting through NY emissions testing this year. No fail, just unable to connect is being reported. Went to 2 different stations, same results both times. Both report that at least NY has changed all the computers used for testing this year. Handheld scanners are able to connect up fine.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Huh, my car did the same thing last weekend. NY here too.

I haven't tried another station yet, however.

CONSPIRACY

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Some readers, even state smog stations, have a hard time connecting to our ecu units. Usually just going to a different station is all it takes.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Huh, my car did the same thing last weekend. NY here too.

I haven't tried another station yet, however.

CONSPIRACY
Part of Cuomo's plan to purge the state of gun owners, conservatives, and frivolous carbon polluters.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have another inspection scheduled for saturday morning at the service department of the local (ford) dealership that inspected my car last year

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
not solved yet for me.

I am taking it to get inspected saturday morning. If it does not work there, I am going to take it to manhattan motorcars

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Spoke too soon.. Mine didn't go through either ... My guy says that NYS changed their inspection/emissions machines this year so that may be the culprit...what to do now?

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Good news for NYS guys having trouble with lotus cars at the inspection. I contacted NYS DMV Ispection divison. They are aware of certain makes that don't work with the new computer testers and LOTUS happens to be one of them. He seen my vin on his end and over rode it so it would pass and inspection station just had to re run test. Have your inspection station call 518 474-5282 x 4 ask for ROB

·
Registered
138 Posts
I called the number, got bounced around a bit, Rob seems to be the guy who can help. He took my information down and said it should be OK in 15 minutes. I'm going for another inspection attempt (4th one!) tomorrow, so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Got mine inspected successfully guys.

Had to call in and Rob took care of me, but I was able to pass this morning.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Nice guys! Were all legit in NY.. We should sticky my post on this as all NY guys are going to run into this this year..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts