The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue locating where to plug in the ALDL cable on a 1995 S4. I've spent a little time contorted and upside down trying to locate it and having no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not sure about the S4, but on the V8 the connection is on the passenger side footwell, underneath the glovebox. On mine it is very apparent once you look under there, as it is a large connector dangling on a wire. I think there is one in the rear as well near the battery (but not positive).

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
There may be a parking socket on the back of the glovebox into which the ALDL connector is plugged. Feel around at the bottom rear edge of the glovebox for it, or lie under the passenger side airbag if there is no glovebox. Note that there may be two connectors, the other is for the alarm.

There will also be an ALDL connector in the rear trunk near the fusebox just forward of the battery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the help. I believe I've found both of them and unfortunately I purchased the wrong cable. Although it did say it was for GM obd1 including lotus esprit.

Two pictures. What I'm assuming is the aldl connector and the cable I purchased

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
You need to bare wire ALDL cable

I have a 94 S4 that also has OBD1...you need the bare wire cable, you can buy it from http://www.aldlcable.com they were quick to respond to my questions and I had a good experience dealing with them.

It worked right away for me, it comes with the drivers and copies of freescan.
Pin A is ground and pin G is serial data

Best of Luck
-Chris

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
G is data, A is ground. You do not need the resistor. The picture on my webpage is the view looking into the connector on the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts