The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to use the 'track addict' data acquisition app paired with the Kiwi 2+ OBD port bluetooth adapter.

Does the Kiwi adapter fit into the Lotus Exige/Elise OBD port without clearance issues.
My 240 has the factory cup holder. Does this prevent OBD port adapters from fitting
because it is very close to the port? if so which OBD bluetooth adapter fits?
I don't want to use an extension cord if possible.

Does anyone have a better recommendation other than the Kiwi 2+ ?

Any advice on iphone bluetooth enabled OBD port adapter data acquisition pairing would be great.
....like what ios app is best and what OBD port adapter is best for Ios. ....thanks

-Robert

TrackAddict for iOS & Android by HP Tuners
Kiwi 2+ OBD2 OBDII Wireless Bluetooth Diagnostic Scanner | Apple and Android

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
My '08 also has a cup holder, and I've never had clearance issues with OBD2 port. I've used like 4 different ones over the years.
I've used 3 cheapo china ones on and off in various sizes (because I keep giving it away to friends and/or misplaced them), and now I'm using OBDLink MX, which looks to have similar footprint as Kiwi.
The only difference, in my experience, between the sub $20 chinese OBD2 reader vs $70+ ones is that the expensive ones had much higher data rate due to different IC being used. However, the cheapo ones sent out enough data points, and I was only logging at 10Hz, so there was no advantage to be had going with a nicer one.

For apple, you need to use the wifi version. They don't let you use the BT version.

I've used RaceChrono for years to my satisfaction, but iphone folks seem to use Harry's Lap Timer a lot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts